Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think that the new elirio is just about one of if not THE hottest naked bikes i've ever seen.

took some pics when i was at the milan show.

okay, make that, used an entire memory stick on the bimota booth at the milan show!

that swingarm makes me drool......

kat

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,555 Posts
I agree, it's just beautiful. I'm glad you pointed out the swingarm because that is artwork.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Awesome looking. I like it right up to the point of the bolt on piece on the end of the swingarm. It looks great and all but just not sure about using bolts to hold it together for rigidity and safety.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Bimota vs MV

With Sergio Robianno (sp?) doing design, this bike rivals the MV Brutale for beautiful aesthetics. Nicely done!

·
Registered
818 Posts
It's just stunning...a lot to take in all at once, but stunning work. And yeah, a helmet lock! Go figure.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Ok, I'll bite. To my way of thinking that swing arm is as gratuitous a piece of work as I have ever seen on a motorcycle. Arte nell'interesse dell'arte ? Pure cost and indulgence added to at least three flexy bolted joints. At least when Tamburini designed the single sided swing arm ( and all of it's inefficiencies ) he made it a simple and elegant component, no ?

But maybe that is why we like Bimota so much. Gratuitous mechanicry ( allow me a new word ) flaunting cost and the longer way around the block in order to achieve the desired function. Aren't simple and elegant supposed to an inherent part of Italian design ? One wonders after looking at that swing arm.

But I wouldn't toss this little dish out of bed for eating crackers, oh no ! Swing arm aside, I do, really do like'um this bike a bunch. Oh yes.

motocorsakat said:
i think that the new elirio is just about one of if not THE hottest naked bikes i've ever seen.

took some pics when i was at the milan show.

okay, make that, used an entire memory stick on the bimota booth at the milan show!

that swingarm makes me drool......

kat

·
Registered
266 Posts
It reminds me a little of the Brutale but that is a good thing. Very nice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
saw that benelli in person too....
a little too far out there for me.
there are many nice components on it, but even though the elirio is complex, with all that trellis work showing, it still has a theme and design to it.
the benelli looks like it's trying too hard. though the fans on the back are a total trip.

kat

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Ah.....but Sharyn, I have room for YOU in MY garage...heh heh !

BTW, that brings forth the image of what really goes on in the garage when we are out. Do you suppose it is anything like the movie "Toy Story" ? I do. I see a great deal of griping, and bragging and jealousy. And fun and com-passion. This, of course, if we keep their battery tenders connected. I mean, one can't get one's panties all in a bunch with a flat battery, can one ?

Hmmmmm. I just might sneak out there tonight and see what I can hear. I'll bet I can hear them gossiping about my friends 999 that visited me the other day and how, uh.....homely it looked to my jealous friends.

I'll report back with what I hear.

RagazzaDGatta said:
all toys are good toys... but I want a bigger garage first...

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Sharyn,

Of course I have room for you and your family of five bikes. But....maybe not for long. You see, yours plus mine just might lead to more, ya know ? After all of the preliminary sqwuaking like..." hey don't crowd me, your kick stand is pinching my battery tender wire", and " OH PEE-U was that YOU that dripped oil? " and the inevitable and catty "hah ! Dunlop tires...how perfectly chippy", I suspect they would get rather cosy and just might succumb to the laws of Nature.

We could try it and see what Italian mongrels we come up with.
Then again, that randy Brit boy in the corner just might shag all the girls first.

Who knows ? Send piccys of your brood and I'll show them to my family. If they approve, we could arrange a meeting between a couple of them in some public place so they can check each other out. You know....just coffee or something. Well chaperoned....

RagazzaDGatta said:
Ah, but Bev... do you have room for me and my 5 bikes is the big question !!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh my god....

this may have been the funniest thing i've read in a while!!!
so freakin funny......
:D

kat
bevel450 said:
Sharyn,

Of course I have room for you and your family of five bikes. But....maybe not for long. You see, yours plus mine just might lead to more, ya know ? After all of the preliminary sqwuaking like..." hey don't crowd me, your kick stand is pinching my battery tender wire", and " OH PEE-U was that YOU that dripped oil? " and the inevitable and catty "hah ! Dunlop tires...how perfectly chippy", I suspect they would get rather cosy and just might succumb to the laws of Nature.

We could try it and see what Italian mongrels we come up with.
Then again, that randy Brit boy in the corner just might shag all the girls first.

Who knows ? Send piccys of your brood and I'll show them to my family. If they approve, we could arrange a meeting between a couple of them in some public place so they can check each other out. You know....just coffee or something. Well chaperoned....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts