Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I clicked on the link, thinking I wouldn't like a totally carbon fibered bike, but it's actually not too bad. the red honda badge is a bit nuclear in color; seems a strange thing to nitpick, but it just doesn't seem to fit the rest of the aesthetic...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Lovin it. Honda should sell a similar version rather than the limp naked bike that they do!

·
Registered
615 Posts
That's a really good looking bike and easily worth the price..

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I really like the bike. I read the entire build thread and this guy has talent. Especially since the donor bike was only $650 and he turned it into what it is now. I'm impressed. The fact that he also designed and machined all the billet parts is very cool. The carbon fiber work is also impressive since he made it all in a garage at home.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Nice job but im sure I'd still trade it in for a 1098S ;)

·
Registered
774 Posts
There's an awful lot of work an effort that's gone into it, such a shame to that it's let down but the one thing that makes it still a Honda: that frame looks so cheap that it makes my sons backyard welding projects look like high grade engineering...

·
Bon Vivant
10,961 Posts
This forum is about a factory bike made by Ducati named streetfighter. It's not a forum about custom made streetfighters...

Having said that the bike is beautiful, but I wouldn't call it a streetfighter with clip-ons. Traditional streetfighters all have dirtbike style bars.
I'd call it more of a modern cafe racer.

Also, who wants a 600cc hooligan bike? - all upper RPM and no torque doesn't make a good SF. not much fun to me.

Just not a bike I would be interested in. Do the same thing with a liter bike and put a proper set of bars on it and I'm all-in.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This forum is about a factory bike made by Ducati named streetfighter. It's not a forum about custom made streetfighters...

Having said that the bike is beautiful, but I wouldn't call it a streetfighter with clip-ons. Traditional streetfighters all have dirtbike style bars.

Also, who wants a 600cc hooligan bike? - all upper RPM and no torque doesn't make a good SF. not much fun to me.

Just not a bike I would be interested in. Do the same thing with a liter bike and put a proper set of bars on it and I'm all-in.
Sorry I posted it here Flynbulldog. I just thought it was a cool looking bike that most people would appreciate seeing. My Bad. Back in my hole.

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts

Agreed !!

·
Bon Vivant
10,961 Posts
Sorry I posted it here Flynbulldog. I just thought it was a cool looking bike that most people would appreciate seeing. My Bad. Back in my hole.
It's no problem. I just didn't want anybody to think we think our bikes are the same as a home built streetfighter.
(even though many of us have done more custom work to ours than some of those bikes :D)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I dig it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts