Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 758 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We seem to know just about everything about each others bikes but what do you do for a living to pay for your Ducati habit?

I am a TV news photographer and need to find a better job so I can get a 999R under my underpaid ass :( .

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Automotive parts interpreter.. but that's not how I afford my 'habit'... I eat cheapo sausages 3 times a week, skip lunch most days, drink water from the tap and spend my time here on the net coz it saves money... then I can go out on Sundays and blow 3 tanks of juice !!!

Mal

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Retired investigator from the State of CT. Now working P-T as a Private Investigator.

Bruce19

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Aerospace/F-1 technology slut. Need something really clever to get ahead of the competition ? Got lots o'money ? Let's PM soon ! I've got to get started on that Desmosedici purchase fund.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bdk

manager for Black & Decker

On the HHI side (locks & faucets)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
mybluett said:
manager for Black & Decker

On the HHI side (locks & faucets)
+1 on Black & Decker. I have always liked their products. Are they still an American company, or have the Chinese taken control?

Hmmm, I do recall about the only thing they had that I did not like [B & D, not the Chinese] was their cordless tools that use the VersaPak NiCad battery cell. Great concept but low time on how long they lasted between charges and many of the cells I have had [about 30 of em] suffered from memory effect.:mad:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Cheesemaker.

But the extra spending money comes from shift work and the penalty rates that it brings. Single with no social life (see the above reference to shift work) still paying a mortgage but that is down to about $40 a week now. One of the joys of living in Tasmania (where the Tassie devils are) and buying a house before the prices went up a bit.

Only have the one cheaper Ducati - used 1993 900SS (red) but probably should sell the Honda VF1000R.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I used to own a mid-sized record label and a silkscreen poster/art print press.Did a lot of ad campaigns and album covers ,concert posters etc. These days I mostly do 'trendy' design (toys,clothing,shoes)...and fine arts commissions (oil paintings, 1 off sculptures/constructions).

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Mechanical/Biomedical Engineer, mainly developing products in the cardiovascular (heart pumps) and orthopedic industry (artificial hip and knee systems). Always been a bike nut, first Nortons, now Ducatis. Now developing products for do-it-yourself Ducati Maintenance, including shims and kits.

Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have worked for UPS for the last 16 years. Brown has allowed me to own several Sport Bikes and other cool toys over the years including 2 Ducatis. I also own a XM Radio and Electronics Business. I have a Ebay Business that is doing pretty well also. So if any of you guys need Xm Radios or GPS units I can hook you up!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hit man for the Mafia... Oh wait that is not something I was supposed to say! Know I'll have to get the Feds to relocate me again!D'OH!

Seriously a high school teacher.

·
Registered
67 Posts
RotoRooterGuy said:
+1 on Black & Decker. I have always liked their products. Are they still an American company, or have the Chinese taken control?
Hmmm, I do recall about the only thing they had that I did not like [B & D, not the Chinese] was their cordless tools that use the VersaPak NiCad battery cell. Great concept but low time on how long they lasted between charges and many of the cells I have had [about 30 of em] suffered from memory effect.:mad:
NIMH version of VersaPak Battery (gold) was a bit better but still designed for very casual use.

We are still USA owned, and operated (though product manufacturing occurs all over the world) and the best company I've ever worked with. Most folks are suprised at the depth of brands we own. DeWALT, Porter Cable, Delta, DeVibliss, etc...

BDK

"Company Summary
The Black & Decker Corporation is a global manufacturer and marketer of power tools and accessories, hardware and home improvement products, and technology-based fastening systems. The Company is also a supplier of engineered fastening and assembly systems. It is a producer of faucets in North America. It operates in three business segments: Power Tools and Accessories, including consumer and professional power tools and accessories, lawn and garden tools, electric cleaning and lighting products, and product service; Hardware and Home Improvement, including security hardware and plumbing products, and Fastening and Assembly Systems. "

·
Registered
364 Posts
Attorney at Law. Focus is on municipal defense, business litigation (defense of corporations), labor & employment lit. and corporate upstarts. Set up the legal aspects of businesses and all associated facets of compliance (ie, wage & hour code, arbitration agreements, etc etc.). Work in Southern California for a 500+ attorney firm that is a national firm. So basically I am chained to my desk 22/7 (they let me go home for 2 hours a day :D ). I guess the pay was decent enough to get a 999 "S". Damn shame I still have close to 100k in educational loan debt.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
mybluett said:
We are still USA owned, and operated (though product manufacturing occurs all over the world) and the best company I've ever worked with. Most folks are suprised at the depth of brands we own. DeWALT, Porter Cable, Delta, DeVibliss, etc...
They sure would be. I'm partial Porter Cable power tools and a have a garage full of them based on my past experience in the kitchen business. Just picked a sander/polisher (7336SP). Hopefully the `04 B&D buyout of the parent company of Delta, Port Cable, etc. won't cheapen the brands.

Paying for my Ducati habit: I sit on my lazy ass while my wife rolls in the money, well that's my dream. I work in operations for a good size computer company named after the founder.

1 - 20 of 758 Posts