Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking for commuting and day trips: I usually like to have my clear visor, change of clothes and a rainsuit. What do you guys use? I'm thinking a kreiga US20 but not sure... I'm also feeling like a tail pack is what I'm leaning towards, don't really look forward to a backpack...

·
Registered
814 Posts
Kriega US-20 is awesome and the perfect size for weekend trips. I usually use that tailbag and a Kriega R25 backpack for some other lighter things. They're both worth every penny.

·
Registered
395 Posts
i can't live without a good-sized tankbag

BTW, if you want a nice little tool tube, go to most any John Deer dealership. The owners manuals and paperwork for new tractors and big riding mowers comes in a nifty black tube with a screw on top. They're about 14" long and 5" around. They even have big mounting tabs. Most dealers just throw them into a pile so they're free for the asking.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great feedback guys, thank you. I'm feeling like the us20 might be a pita to deal with in terms of taking on/off and accessing. Any direct input on this would be great. I'm almost thinking I should give an r25 backpack a try :confused:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I go Dora the Explorer style. I use my backpack, backpack. It's actually an aero dynamic Ogio Laptop backpack. It's not gigantic like some of the other bags that makes you look like a Ninja Turtle. Sorry, I have kids and I watch cartoons a lot with them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I use the r 25 with the front pocket so you dont have to take it off to get your phone and wallet. I also have the camel back insert which is handy. But if I strap something to the pillion seat it contacts the bottom of the bag and means you cant sit up straight. I also own a 1100s.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Great feedback guys, thank you. I'm feeling like the us20 might be a pita to deal with in terms of taking on/off and accessing. Any direct input on this would be great. I'm almost thinking I should give an r25 backpack a try :confused:
The original US-20 was a bit of a pain to repeatedly remove/install. I ran my straps down through the rear grab handles and then back up to the clips on top. I needed extension straps to reach the top of the bag when doing that.

However, the new US bags come with their new alloy strap system. I had just bought a US-10 to use as a tankbag and swapped the alloy straps over to my US-20. The new straps are super easy to use. There are four loops that can stay on the bike after you remove the bag. To remove, you just unhook from the loops and take the bag. It takes 20 seconds to remove the bag, 60 seconds to reinstall so you can get the straps tight again.

I just let a friend with a CBR1000RR borrow my US-20 this past weekend for a trip, and he's converted. He will be ordering one. You won't regret it if you order any of their gear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought and have been using the DP tail bag and its awsome.(as long as you are practical and dont mind the looks). It holds tons and can even be made into a backpack when off the bike. I use mine to commute 60 mile each way to work almost everyday. Btw its on an M1100evo. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I bought and have been using the DP tail bag and its awsome.(as long as you are practical and dont mind the looks). It holds tons and can even be made into a backpack when off the bike. I use mine to commute 60 mile each way to work almost everyday. Btw its on an M1100evo. Hope this helps
I have that bag plus the DP tank bag. The tank bag is longer but about the same size but doesn't look great on the bike... nor does the tail bag. Both are fantastic for usefulness though.

My only complaint about the tank bag is that it isn't easy to remove once you have it mounted. Some quick release straps at the front would be welcome.

The tail bag just makes it harder to throw your leg over but it is easy to remove and holds quite a bit of stuff. They both make the bike ugly so it's a wash there.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ventura rack with sports pack then fit the big bag for touring. Don't like stuff on my back I reckon a disc lock isn't going to do me much good as it impacts my kidneys in a crash.

Not so keen on putting things on the seat either. I had a big lock sneak out of a seat bag once and if it had caught in my wheel I can only imagine the result. Seen mates of mine with the packs sliding half way over the seat and getting melted by high level pipes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use a Kreiga R20 with front pocket. Great backpack and the size fits my needs better than the R25 or 30. I also have Cortech Sport Tailbag that works great for trips were I need to carry more.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.