Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fellow riders - I am in a bind a bit; got a couple of traffic tickets and now insurance on my 1198 seems to be a big challenge here in Canada.
I am an experienced and responsible rider - tickets were in the car and want to ride the street.

I am not getting good trade-in quotes from the dealers locally 6-7k and wondering do I part the bike out?
It will be a shame as the bike was gone over with all the servicing and it's in great shape.
Bodywork is aftermarket

Thoughts and recommendations?
IMG_8907.JPG

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Under normal circumstances ( ie not when a quarter to a third of the population is off work due to a pandemic ) if you posted that bike here in Vancouver on Craigslist you should be ble to get around 10k cdn. Roughly, depending on why you have aftermarket bodywork, etc
I would definitely try selling it privately online before trying to part it out. Parting out is a pain in the arse with all the haggling for each part, packaging of parts, shipping of parts, etc

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts

·
Excel Addict
5,239 Posts
Yeah hose mirrors are ugly IMO.
A bit like a startled animal.
They look like the Kawasaki replica mirrors from eBay that have the right bolt spacing.
I had them on my 900 for about 5 minutes, which was the time taken to remove them!

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
seriously dude. all the parts visible on the bike in the one pic and no words shared combine to scream "tossed down the road and put back together on cheap Chinese eBay parts. Just sayin. you'd' get $6k max in this market for that bike. part it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts