Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1601 - 1620 of 1624 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Nice!... My favorite stretch from Sunday is this:

I'm a fan of Butler Maps... I have the WA, OR and Northern California ones, good stuff.

59k - that's impressive! Also, would you mind sharing a waypoint or two for that ride? I am up in Washington and would love some ideas for a N. Oregon tour.

I went out riding with my mom this weekend and just got to 8750 miles, only 750 are mine.

(I don't feel too bad since I've put about 10% of the total miles on this 14 year-old bike in my three months of ownership)

View attachment 1008038

·
Registered
2007 GT1000
74 Posts
Thanks that's great to hear.
I replaced my stock reg/rec last year as a preemptive measure. I had the belts replaced and tires last year as well. This spring I did the air filter. Chain and sprockets look good. Battery is a few years old now so I may replace that next spring.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The weather is still pretty bad here in Denmark so I have not been on the bike for nearly 3 weeks now

So instead of a ride I did clean and lube the chain and did polish the bike.

Maaaan I need some sun now...... please please

Ciaooooo

Moller

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
The weather here in the UK is freezing! I can't remember a worse Spring. What has happened to global warming?

Colin

·
Registered
942 Posts
PXL_20210605_180520845.jpg
Took the S1K out and shredded Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park in Virginia to the best of my ability. Beautiful road and scenery.

·
Registered
2006 Sport 1000, 2005 R1200GS
24 Posts
Just finished the install on these bad boys! The clutch is now super light and comfortable thanks to the new slave cylinder. I would recommend it, and super easy to install.

Now for the fuel plate... WHAT A PAIN! It took me a couple of days to do because my schedule but all because I needed new O-Rings and (1) internal ring clip that decided to disappear until just yesterday. But these QD's are so satisfying. My 06 SC has been my project bike and I've taken this tank off a dozen times by now. So this was a much needed upgrade for me.

·
Registered
2008 Ducati Sport1000, GT1000
172 Posts
Installed new brake and clutch levers on my 2008 GT. The brake lever especially makes a huge difference over stock, it's now really a two-finger brake, much more precision and accuracy.
So you just put on new levers on stock master is seems like. Has that changed the feel all the much?

·
Registered
13 Posts
So you just put on new levers on stock master is seems like. Has that changed the feel all the much?
Indeed it has, surprisingly. The brake action is more precise and I arrive at a very predictable and critical point of stoppage much earlier, and only requiring two fingers now. Didn't work that way for me with the stock levers. Maybe at some point I'll swap out the whole system, new calipers, new master cylinder etc., but then I'd also have to switch to different wheels, from what I've read, the OEM spoked steel wheels don't play well with something like the Discacciati units. One step at a time...I only got the bike back in January, with a bent clutch lever no less, so I thought I start here.

·
Registered
2008 Ducati Sport1000, GT1000
172 Posts
Indeed it has, surprisingly. The brake action is more precise and I arrive at a very predictable and critical point of stoppage much earlier, and only requiring two fingers now. Didn't work that way for me with the stock levers. Maybe at some point I'll swap out the whole system, new calipers, new master cylinder etc., but then I'd also have to switch to different wheels, from what I've read, the OEM spoked steel wheels don't play well with something like the Discacciati units. One step at a time...I only got the bike back in January, with a bent clutch lever no less, so I thought I start here.
That is interesting finding, did you replace the slave as well?

·
Registered
942 Posts
...but then I'd also have to switch to different wheels, from what I've read, the OEM spoked steel wheels don't play well with something like the Discacciati units...
Actually I think they are the only high performance 4 piston calipers that DO play nice with the spoke wheels. I have Brembo 4P4P calipers off a 999 on my cast ST wheels on the S1K and they made a very significant improvement in the braking even though I'm still using the stock master cylinder.

1601 - 1620 of 1624 Posts