Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1561 - 1580 of 1587 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
.....today I did prepare for the belt change on my Paus Smart. I do like when I know I have all the tools and parts before a job. Less stress
That's a serious belt tension meter, ebsilon. Just looked it up! (y)

·
Registered
170 Posts
That's a serious belt tension meter, ebsilon. Just looked it up! (y)
HeHe yes it is a really nice tool. It is so easy to dial in the tension with that Unitta Sonic Tension Meter.

It is the one recommended by Gates and several car makers demand using on their vehicles.

Ciaoooo

Moller

·
Registered
170 Posts
.....next up is oil change.

A nice and cozy job.

New Motul 300V 10W40 Ester Core Oil and a K&N 153 Filter

......it is the last thing to do before I can take her out for the first ride of the year....... so maybe tomorrow I will have it done

The weather ain’t that fine here in Denmark so it does not matter if I do it to day or tomorrow....or the day after.....

Have a nice day

Ciaooooo

Moller

·
Official Retired Person
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,565
Today I determined that I need a new battery. 2007 GT1000 and this will be it's 3rd battery. Not bad.

·
Registered
2007 GT1000
61 Posts
I noticed that the crank case breather hose had some cracks near the clamp recently and ordered one through my local dealer. It arrived today so I rode over and picked it up along with a new air filter. I’ll pull the tank this week and swap them out and run my wiring for my heated gear with the tank out of the way.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hello All

I went for a ride for the first time this year.

Sun no clouds and 20 degree Celsius (68 Fahrenheit).

Maaaan, it was nice. The bike did run soooo nice and the upgrades I made this winter worked very well.

I went to a new Ducati dealership in Kolding (Denmark) just 16 km (10 miles) from where I live. So nice to have a dealer nearby.

Ciaooo

Moller

·
Registered
903 Posts
First ride on those carbon fiber wheels Moller? Does it feel a bit different?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Today I wish to update the front fender of my Gt1000, swapping with the Sport 1000 fender.
Easy to find the fender, but I'm not able to find the fender holder :(
Anyone selling it? :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
First ride on those carbon fiber wheels Moller? Does it feel a bit different?
Yes, StraDuc - first ride.

Maybe I am not the right one to ask when it comes to “feel” the difference between stock PS wheels and BST.

I am not that an aggressive rider as the bike deserves.

.....but I felt it was nicer to handle through roundabouts and when avoiding potholes.

That said, the tires are all new, so that in mind I did not push it to my own limit

Ciaooooo

Moller

·
Official Retired Person
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,572
Installed a new battery today. The old one has my hand written date on it - 11/2014. Seems about right to me.

BTW - on the 1st start after installing the new battery it took a few tries to get the GT running. It sputtered & kicked off the starter motor several times. Once it started and ran for a few minutes it settled down. Seems odd. I went through about 6 or 7 start - stop cycles and it started normally. Anyone seen something similar?

·
Registered
2007 GT1000
61 Posts
I just finished washing it for the first time since last fall. I took it out last fall and got rained on. There was a fine silty dirt on the ground and it covered every little nook and cranny. I got a lot off today but not all of it.
Next up is a new air filter and crankcase breather hose. Also need to install my hugger I got from JC earlier this year to keep it cleaner when I do get caught in the rain. My first Detroit Desmo meet is this Thursday so I’m getting it all spiffed up today.

·
Official Retired Person
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,574
Trying to replace o-rings on the valve covers. Can't get the one in the pic off. Taps with the plastic head hammer have no effect. Am I missing something here?

20210405_151622.jpg

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Do you have both valves closed when you are tapping the cover? Tap it back and forth to loosen and it should come off (famous last words).

·
Official Retired Person
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,576
I'll look into the positioning of the valves. Thanks for the suggestion, Duccout.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,211 Posts
Trying to replace o-rings on the valve covers. Can't get the one in the pic off. Taps with the plastic head hammer have no effect. Am I missing something here?

View attachment 1005368
There are small lateral opennings between the engine and the cover on both sides. Use a mirror to find them and insert a screwdriver in them to pop the covers out.

·
Registered
170 Posts
There are small lateral opennings between the engine and the cover on both sides. Use a mirror to find them and insert a screwdriver in them to pop the covers out.
Yes, that is true....... but when I did replace the O-ring on my PS a couple of weeks ago I could not move the cover. I did find the two "oppening" for the screwdriver, but I felt that the material was to soft and using a screwdriver would leave deep marks.

I did use a bolt M8 that did match the thread in the middle hole of the cover in such a way I did thread the bolt in the cover and the I could draw the bolt with a plier until the cover came loose.

Ciaoooo

Moller

·
Official Retired Person
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,579
I found the holes / slots in the covers but did not attempt to use them yet. May have to make s tool to fit. Like grinding an old screw driver to fit.

I also like the bolt idea. May end up trying both!

I think I replaced the gaskets on those dome time ago. And I'm sure I put them on dry. Why they are sticking now is a mystery.

Thanks guys.

1561 - 1580 of 1587 Posts