Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1541 - 1560 of 1587 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GT1000
61 Posts
Scrubbed the battery box and got the battery off the charger. I’ll install it tomorrow and bring it back home from remote storage so I can wire it for my heated gear.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Installed a new pressure plate and clutch cover today.

Can I just check something. Is it normal for the clutch to rattle/chatter at low revs. It does it when the clutch is disengaged, but seems to do it intermittently when I roll off the throttle too?

View attachment 1003508

View attachment 1003509
Are you sure the pressure plate was aligned properly with the drum? The springs and retainers seem a but crooked. If the noise you mentioned is new, the plate is probably not seating correctly.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Are you sure the pressure plate was aligned properly with the drum? The springs and retainers seem a but crooked. If the noise you mentioned is new, the plate is probably not seating correctly.
Pretty sure it is. I've ordered silver spring collars anyway so I'll double check it's flush when I put them on

·
Registered
170 Posts
.......today I finally did find the 5 minutes I needed to change the stock seat to a NCR Alcantara seat.

Maaaaan, I am getting lazy...... :unsure:

.....next job is belt change. The bike has now done 3800 km ( 2360 miles ) since the first and only belt change.

Ciaooooooo

Moller

·
Registered
417 Posts
.......today I finally did find the 5 minutes I needed to change the stock seat to a NCR Alcantara seat.

Maaaaan, I am getting lazy...... :unsure:

View attachment 1003887

View attachment 1003888

.....next job is belt change. The bike has now done 3800 km ( 2360 miles ) since the first and only belt change.

Ciaooooooo

Moller
I’m considering getting this seat for my biposto. Do you find it more comfortable than stock? How long did it take to get it? Where’d you get it from? How much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh wow. I didn’t know they came in black. Added that to my wish list

JC Pak Bikes sells NCR seats. I think you can also buy NCR stuff from the oem

·
Registered
2007 GT1000
61 Posts
I rode mine today. About 40 miles round trip to go see a customer. Low 50s and was slightly chilly. I did surface streets only so did not freeze solid. I need to wire up my heated gear.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I’m considering getting this seat for my biposto. Do you find it more comfortable than stock? How long did it take to get it? Where’d you get it from? How much?

Hello Mike :)

I am a little embarrassed to tell you that I have not yet tested the seat.

As I wrote I have just mounted the seat. It has been laying around for a while after I treated with Carbon Collective Repel Fabric Protectant - and the weather here in Denmark are just soooo cold and wet.

I purchased the seat from Carbon4us in Spain.

I got the seat 4 or 5 days after I did place the order. Yes I was chocked too, but they must have had the seat in stock.

The black Alcantara seat has Reference #: NCR.80.00.004 and the tan Alcantara seat has Reference #: NCR.80.00.001.

The black Alcantara seat for their Mike Hailwood TT Replica bike.

The black and tan solo seat is 662,17 € and the tan biposto seat is 722,01 €.

The black biposto seat is not in the NCR catalog but I have seen it on images on the net - so it can be ordered.

Ciaoooo

Moller

·
Official Retired Person
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,551
Dropped it!

See the Tag Game thread.

·
Official Retired Person
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,555
Fixed the rear brake pedal that I bent the other day. This is the second time I've straightened this pedal. Both times parking lot tip overs. Oh well, twice down in 14 years isn't bad at all.

Before -
IMG_20210318_135116925.jpg

IMG_20210318_135148584.jpg

And after -

IMG_20210318_145042049.jpg

IMG_20210318_145052356.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
.....today I did prepare for the belt change on my Paus Smart.

I do like when I know I have all the tools and parts before a job. Less stress

Ciaooooo

Moller

·
Registered
170 Posts
.....just did the belt change.

Before I did remove the old belts I did measure the tension.

They had dropped to 84 Hz from 110 Hz over a period of 3800km (2375 mi) and 1 year and 11 months.

Ducati says they are allowed to drop to 90Hz, but I have not bothered to check the tension.....

The old belts looked like new but I did change them anyway.....

Now new belts have been installed and they were dialed in to about 110Hz.

After 40 minutes the job was done.

Next up is oil change

Have a nice day - ciaooooo

Moller

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Hi guys - long time no see.

Over the next few months I am going to try to put this poor beast back on the road. I haven't even cleaned the dirt off of it from the last track day crash in 2019. But now my daughter is going to start riding (CBR250R) and she needs Dad for a riding buddy. Getting this old girl road-worthy again should be cheaper than buying something else to use. Plus, I don't have room for any more old bikes.

"Cheaper" now....but I have been eyeing those twin can Zard full systems on ebay...(my Arrows is slightly crumpled), and if I want to keep my 4-pot track calipers I can't go back to stock wheels....and the 3-spoke Brembos on it now are pretty frumpy...wonder what a set from a 999 go for nowadays....

Oh shit....

·
Registered
922 Posts
Changed timing belts, spark plugs, did oil change and brake/ clutch fluid change on the GT1000 today. First belt change for me. No one got hurt, no fires or locusts so I think I'm good to go. Looking forward to the beer from @ncgt1000 too ! 😃
Good for you and ebsilon on changing your belts. I just took my Paul Smart into the DucShop last week and had them do the 7500k valve check and belt change. For my first service on both the PS and the 1000s, I wanted to have someone perform the valve job and make sure the guides were in good condition and not loose. Tech said all of my valves were on spec, I am at 6998 miles and this was the first check for the valves.

1541 - 1560 of 1587 Posts