Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1501 - 1505 of 1505 Posts

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Tightened my sidestand bolt and got a few hours of detail therapy in... I had been procrastinating cleaning the gunk and bottom of the motor for too long. I'm glad I finally got around to cleaning it. As I sat down with my cup of coffee and moved the sidestand out of the way to start cleaning, I noticed more play than I expected

These metal bits are from the sidestand plate bolt hole, I'm hoping they're from the factory when the threads were cut. thankfully after cleaning the bolt and hole and re-installing with threadlocker and torquing, the bolt felt solid and believe I should be okay.

This dental tool was a huge help

·
Registered
831 Posts
Tightened my sidestand bolt and got a few hours of detail therapy in... I had been procrastinating cleaning the gunk and bottom of the motor for too long. I'm glad I finally got around to cleaning it. As I sat down with my cup of coffee and moved the sidestand out of the way to start cleaning, I noticed more play than I expected
Speaking of cleaning the underside of the engine. I cleaned mine the other day on the PS. I noticed a couple of places where the paint had slightly peeled off. Does anyone know what color to use for touch ups on the engine? I would like to touch it up before it continues to get worse. It is underneath the engine where you can't see it, unless you get up under the bike.

I looked through the search feature and found someone mention this paint but it says nothing about high heat temperatures. So, I do not know if this would work.

Direct to Rust Metal Paint Aerosol Smooth Finish - Hammerite

and another

VHT flame-proof header paint

VHT Flameproof™ Coating -- High Heat Coating

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did this. AK20 cartridges with stock fork tubes. Powdercoat frame in "Lollypop Rose". Powder coated a set of brand new unpolished stainless Keihan silencers in stock flat black. Would like to get a beautiful Corbin seat but not in the budget right now.

Attachments

1501 - 1505 of 1505 Posts