Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1505 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Let’s see...installed the Moto Electric under-seat Hi-Cap kit and Shorai battery. Used the under-seat battery tray and RR relocator bracket from DesmoBros. All high quality gear and recommended.

Lost the big ugly battery box, weight, and the Black Yak fires up lickity-split.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Took her for her first ride with me on it. Just arrived from Washington state to me here in Charleston. I love buying things site unseen when it’s a smoking hot deal. It came as advertised. Amazingly well balanced/neutral bike! Love the power bands, going to be lots of fun. Btw anyone know hot to get the fake yellow security light to turn off?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Took her for her first ride with me on it. Just arrived from Washington state to me here in Charleston. I love buying things site unseen when it’s a smoking hot deal. It came as advertised. Amazingly well balanced/neutral bike! Love the power bands, going to be lots of fun. Btw anyone know hot to get the fake yellow security light to turn off?
Enjoy. They are fun bikes.

That blinking light is the immobilizer light. It will shut itself off after several hours. From what I understand you cannot deactivate it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Have you turned the key in that 24 hours? If so the light will indeed stay on for another 24 hours.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have been eagerly awaiting being able to post here again. It has been years.

This isn’t what I did today but yesterday. I rented a truck and visited my parents in upstate NY to retrieve my GT1000. I finally own a home and have a garage in Philadelphia and thanks to the covid19 I’ve been laid off and had time to go get it!

It has been stored there for the last 8-ish years. I was in the navy and stationed in Naples, Italy the last time it ran - almost 9 years ago.

I have lots of things that I’ve wanted to do to it for years and will be busy taking care of them before she runs again. One of the last things I did when in the navy and making real money (I resigned and changed careers needing to start at the Bottom again) was get the Motowheels aluminum tank, which has only been out of the box twice.

I also snagged a set of the alloy wheels from an S1000 to get rid of the chrome GT wheels.

She needs a thorough cleaning. Servicing and fluid flush. Battery. Chain. Sprocket. Tires and much much more.
0392BBF5-3E36-4A48-93BD-3CF514BAF60E.jpeg

·
Official Retired Person
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,493
Welcome back.

Nice GT1000. Really like the two tone color scheme.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Ordered my new set of belts; that will be my sixth belt change! The ongoing cost is around £600; I'm not sure that I can afford to keep this bike in the manner that it requires!

1481 - 1500 of 1505 Posts