Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1461 - 1480 of 1483 Posts

·
Official Retired Person
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,462
Changed the belts and the oil/filter today. Did a bit of cleaning up along the way as well. The GT1000 is ready to ride.

But . . . I haven't been on any motorcycle for a couple months. Health surprise caught me off guard and I did not feel comfortable taking a ride. Then, when I thought I was ready, well we're asked to stay at home. Even my beautiful bride was wondering when I would be going for a ride. Must be ok with her if I do then, eh? Maybe this week with the Spring weather here. Wish me luck!

·
Official Retired Person
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,463
Just got home after a 2 hour 100 mile ride! 65 F Sunny skys, lite breeze, minimal traffic everywhere. I feel great! I'll change the oil in the GT now.

Next up (sometime soon), is to take my beautiful bride out for a ride. She has been patiently waiting and was all grins when I got home with a hugh smile on my face.

·
Official Retired Person
7,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,465
Oooooh, hand polished brake and clutch levers!

As if the Shiney Bike needs more polished bits.
IMG_20200420_140906936.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Finally got mine dyno tuned by EDR Performance last week on my bought-long-ago PC3 Commander. Smooth throttle that can still lift the front end and the cylinders are now burning correctly -- one was too rich and one was too lean, and that was with the DP chip that came with the Termis.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
Finally got mine dyno tuned by EDR Performance last week on my bought-long-ago PC3 Commander. Smooth throttle that can still lift the front end and the cylinders are now burning correctly -- one was too rich and one was too lean, and that was with the DP chip that came with the Termis. View attachment 983441
I think it's time for the GT (and SS) to visit EDR. It came with a PC3 when I bought it and was told it has a Monster map. 'Curious to see if there's a difference.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I think we're all on the same page, bought a PC3 years ago thinking I'd have EDR tune it... I suspect the GT could run a little better and it's good to hear a good result.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Took mine out. Took off the shark exhaust to see what it would look like without an exhaust hanging off the side. Think I will go with a Zard. If anyone is interested in the Shark, pm me

·
Registered
135 Posts
Today I did an oil and filter change.

As earlier I did use the K&N oil filter. It is really easy to work with that filter since it has a nut on the end.

So now the PS is all ready for the road again.

Ciaoooo

Moller

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rode about 25 miles, local streets, yesterday. The GT1000 is new to me, but the overall power delivery and vibey engine are reminiscent more of my 750ss. Beyond that I pulled the trigger on an LED tail light/rear fender eliminator, bar end mirrors, 14t sprocket, LED headlight, hyde 'M' bars in black, new tires, and a couple other odds and ends. I'll post pics and updates as the parts come in.

1461 - 1480 of 1483 Posts