Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1441 - 1447 of 1447 Posts
6,159 Posts
Thanks
I tried to crawl over but the ems guy held me down and wouldn't let me move. I looked over to the asshole and asked why did you make that left? He glanced up from his iPhone and said, "I didn't see you"
I had the super-bright, blinding LED adaptive headlight. But he didn't see me because he was on the ..... Phone !!!
the bike is rebuilt and runs better than ever, I'm Ok but I do have shoulder issues when it gets cold

JC, I don't know who you are and I don't believe I've ever corresponded with you .... but holy shit .. I wouldn't wish that on ANYONE. That's one of those wrecks where if it happened to me, and I was only able to CRAWL over to the car driver I'd pound a mudhole in his ass!! Some people got no damned business being on the road.

I hope you'll fully recover without any long term problems. The bike is just a machine, it can be replaced.

Best wishes. Rex.

6,159 Posts
These bikes tend to run lean with the DP ECU and Termi's.
Check your plug Gap

I pulled the spark plugs yesterday (8k miles on this set), and they looked a little fouled. I'm running the Termi exhaust and DP ECU, so I'm use to it running rich. Anyway, I'm in Houston, so we had game 7 of the World series going on. As soon as I got the new plugs in, I went out for a ride ... it was dark, cold, and windy, and raining sideways, but the roads in the city were completely deserted! I had way more fun than should be allowed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks JC. The gaps on the old plugs were 0.23" to 0.24", with one plug a bit tight at 0.017" (far left in the pic; it was no more our less fouled than the plugs on the other cylinder from what I can tell).

It's setup to run open loop with no O2 sensor, so I've always assumed the unit is a DP ECU - maybe not? Here's a pic of the ECU in case anyone can confirm what it is:

These bikes tend to run lean with the DP ECU and Termi's.
Check your plug Gap

6,159 Posts
I'm assuming this is a gt1000? That is what that ECU's is.
It can be used with any 2007 and up Sport classic
Is the air bleed screws on the throttle bodies screwed all the way down?
The only real way to get the picture right is hooking it up to a Wideband CO2 sniffer and making adjustments.
A VDSTS would help but not absolutely needed. If you are popping on Decel or gurgling it can be worked out with the idle mix adjustments. If not you need the VDSTS
This dark plug condition is from freeway running or is it from around town? Looks like low speed to me
Don't want to start a Plug thread but go back to using the NGK's

Thanks JC. The gaps on the old plugs were 0.23" to 0.24", with one plug a bit tight at 0.017" (far left in the pic; it was no more our less fouled than the plugs on the other cylinder from what I can tell).

View attachment 975621

It's setup to run open loop with no O2 sensor, so I've always assumed the unit is a DP ECU - maybe not? Here's a pic of the ECU in case anyone can confirm what it is:

View attachment 975622

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's actually a '07 Sport 1000. I wonder why they stuck a GT1000 ecu in there? I've found some weird stuff that you wouldn't believe ... No joke, it originally had a 520 rear sprocket with a 525 front sprocket/chain from the factory! I think it must have been built on a Friday 10 minutes before everyone clocked out for the day.

Never checked the air bleed screws (or know how to?), and I'm not familiar with a "VDSTS". It runs really strong, never any popping or gurgling, just more soot on the plugs than I'd like to see. All in all, I really shouldn't be complaining - feels like a don't fix what isn't broke type of deal! Mostly low speed city driving for sure ... Haha, here in Houston, the freeways are usually even slower than the back roads :ROFLMAO: NGK DCPR8E/4339 were what went in.

I'm assuming this is a gt1000? That is what that ECU's is.
It can be used with any 2007 and up Sport classic
Is the air bleed screws on the throttle bodies screwed all the way down?
The only real way to get the picture right is hooking it up to a Wideband CO2 sniffer and making adjustments.
A VDSTS would help but not absolutely needed. If you are popping on Decel or gurgling it can be worked out with the idle mix adjustments. If not you need the VDSTS
This dark plug condition is from freeway running or is it from around town? Looks like low speed to me
Don't want to start a Plug thread but go back to using the NGK's

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's actually a '07 Sport 1000. No joke, it originally had a 520 rear sprocket with a 525 front sprocket/chain from the factory!
So did my 2007 GT. Didn't find out until I changed chain and sprockets to 15/42 around 20,000 kms.

1441 - 1447 of 1447 Posts