Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1459 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Thankfully, for my '07 the only work has been replacement of the layshaft seal. Valves have been in spec the last 3+ valve checks; does not appear to consume oil between oil changes.

My '03 DS1000SS track bike on the other hand did have bad valve guides... It's one of the reason's I've hesitated pulling the trigger on one of the many '03-'05 Multis I've been seeing for sale lately in my area.

Hi Coconut,

have you had any work done on the engine? The early GT's suffered from valve guide wear and I'm wondering how yours are holding up?

·
Registered
132 Posts
......I went for a ride. One hour ride but in the end I was caught in the rain.

I then had to wash my PS..... I just hate to put the bike in the garage when it is wet and dirty after a ride in bad weather

But the the exchange rate is VERY poor since it took me two and a half hour to clean it afterwards.

Ratio 2 1/2 : 1

Ciaooo

Moller

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
That happened to me a few weeks ago, nice sunny day, no rain forecast, took the old bevel 900 out, stopped in a cafe, what's that noise? Rain! When I got home bike was filthy and I had two day's worth of alloy polishing in front of me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Any chance we can see the assembled bike?

Have you posted it yet?

Heck yeah! I’ve been busy with a move to Chicago, but I finally was able to finish the bike this past weekend! Took it out to its first run in SF before I move out to the Midwest. Going to miss California

Here it is! Still have a few problems to address, it’s running very poorly but it’s all together! Maybe I’ll get a Zard 2-2 or a QD box soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Heck yeah! I’ve been busy with a move to Chicago, but I finally was able to finish the bike this past weekend! Took it out to its first run in SF before I move out to the Midwest. Going to miss California

Here it is! Still have a few problems to address, it’s running very poorly but it’s all together! Maybe I’ll get a Zard 2-2 or a QD box soon...

Gorgeous!! Where in SF are you? Do you know many SC1000 owners there? I’m over in Concord

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gorgeous!! Where in SF are you? Do you know many SC1000 owners there? I’m over in Concord

Thanks!! Did you have that red Sport 1000 that was hit by chance? Yeah, I'm actually in San Jose but rode up for the Moto Social hosted in the city. I'm part of Desmo SV and BADOC where there's a few SC owners. One guy has that beautiful SC with the twinkie aluminum tank/tail. There's another guy with a grey/gold SC that's just gorgeous too.

1401 - 1420 of 1459 Posts