Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1424 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
The WM say's not to use loctite on the belt tensioner screws.

Hmmmmmmmmm, then I am afraid that I have done something wrong........

I have tightened the belt tensioner screws to the 26 Nm as listed in the WM.

Please see the attached image of the C3 section from the WM.

If I have read the WM wrong what is the torque for the belt tensioner screws then?

Please chime in before I am going for a ride.

Ciaoooo

Moller

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Now I'm baffled! I'm sure that I read somewhere that Ducati say not to use Loctite on the adjustment screws. In the 620 manual it only lists Loctite for the fixed tensioner screws.

I remember that the first time that I tightened up the tensioner screws I used Loctite, then read later that it should not be used, only lightly lubricated threads, so have never used Loctite since. Now I don't know.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Further to that: in the WM for the GT1000 it does not list Loctite for either of the belt tensioner screws:Timing belt idler pulley:

M8x1

Timing belt tensioner pulley

M8x1.25

Baffling? You bet!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Baffling? You bet!

I hear you

The WM for the Sport Classic 1000 (mono) is 100% identical to the WM for the Paul Smart.

But that make sense (maybe) since both the WM for the PS AND the Sport 1000 (mono) are from the same year........!!??

Any way, I did NOT use Locktite and I DID torque the tensioner to ~ 26Nm - so I hope I am good

Ciaooooooo

Moller

·
Registered
124 Posts
......did change the oil (Motul 300V 10w40) and filter (K&N 153).

I while back I chanced the sprockets (Supersprox 15/42) and chain (DID 520EVR) so I did lube it with Dry Lube (Dr. Wack S100).

Let’s see how it works with Dry Lube

Ciaooooo

Moller

·
Official Retired Person
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,367
Been thinking about this for some time now. Never did care for the looks of the license plate light. I took the stock unit off a few years ago and have been using bolts with integrated LEDs called Lighting Bolts. They're OK. But still not to my liking.

Finally found a used tail light and a piece of clear plastic. Cut a section out of the bottom of the lens, cut a piece of the clear to fit and used some clear silicone to seal it.

I like it! Seems more period correct.

·
Official Retired Person
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,368
Changed oil & filter, changed brake fluid front & rear, cleaned & gapped the spark plugs, checked belt tension and adjusted the chain. I should probably change the fork oil but ran out of time today.

All set of ECM X, at least I think it's X this year.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Removed the Scotts Permanent Oil Filter. This entails removing the "special" filter mounting nipple I had to install when I originally purchased the filter. I'm not unhappy with the filtration performance of the mesh filter, but realize with experience I prefer the performance and ease of a traditional paper filter. I really just installed the Scotts because it looked cool!

Went with the K&N. Nice filter. And filled 'er up with Red Line Motorcycle 10-40.

Next chore is to bleed the brakes and do a custom install on some Rizoma reservoirs. I'll post some pics, this should be cool.

And BTW ncgt1000, nice job on the tail light! Very clean, and perfectly retro.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I got her out the other day to crank her and run up to temp (it's been a few months since I last took her out ). My daughter was waiting in anticipation of seeing the red bike fire up, when click. Dead battery. Ordered a new one, installed the following weekend, hit the switch and she fired right up. Man I miss riding this bike.

Complementary Picture....

Attachments

·
Official Retired Person
7,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,374
Got a new front tire. Wore the old one out at ECM X. All better now.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey yall. Just bought a Mono that needed basically everything done after sitting for 10 years. After performing the desmo service, I'm starting to install a whole bunch of eye candy. Restoring the wheels with black barrels, found a set of 1100s Ohlins forks, repainting the bodywork and now need to put it all back together!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I prototyped a set of passenger foot peg brackets for my monoposto. Took awhile to develop but was finally able to put them on today. Pretty damn solid.
That's awesome! Did you fabricate it yourself? Are you going to switch out the seat and rear suspension too? I have a mono too and might be interested in doing this some day!

Cheers,

Mike

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
new chain and front sprocket, ride to coast

After 18k miles, the GT's chain started getting stiff links, last Thursday we switched out the front 14t sprocket to a 15t, replaced the chain. I have been torn between sticking with the 14 front (it's had a 14 front since I've owned it) and switching to a 15 for a little more mileage. Forgetting if I actually ordered a 14 or 15, then receiving a 15 made my decision for me.

Sunday I took the bike for a quick overnight ride out to the OR coast.

On the way out to the coast on Sunday, I crossed paths with a motley crew of fellow Italians I know out for a day trip.

On my way home Sunday

According to the butt dyno, it does seem to have lost a tad bit of oomph, but it does seem to have improved 5th & 6th usability for the interstate slogs to get to the twisties. I'll have a better idea of any mileage improvements following my NorCal trip to WCM in a few weeks.

1361 - 1380 of 1424 Posts