Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1424 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Fell in Love again and decided to keep her after throwing a little more money into her.

-Monster Fork Legs with Ohlins internals
-Ohlins Steering Damper
-Alpina Wheels
-Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tires
-Moto D 90* Valve Stems
-LED taillight
-LED front blinkers from MotoGadget and Stainless Steel adapters from DesmoBros
-Corse Dynamics license plate holder
-Speedy Moto Frame slider
-Fresh High End Paint job for the Fairing
-Bar End Mirrors
Next Year a Corbin Seat and Ohlins for the rear.
So I'm not the only one who buys parts for a Bike they have listed for sale.
ETI Fuel cell, Q3 tires, Termi 2 into 1, Gauge lowering brackets, Mosfet RR
Area 51 Clutch Cover and few other items all purchased after listing it for
sale.

·
Registered
217 Posts
So I'm not the only one who buys parts for a Bike they have listed for sale.
ETI Fuel cell, Q3 tires, Termi 2 into 1, Gauge lowering brackets, Mosfet RR
Area 51 Clutch Cover and few other items all purchased after listing it for
sale.

Yeah!! Good to see that there are others afflicted with the passion of owning a Sport Classic!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Got my SC in August 2017 and recently passed inspections and can finally do some mods to it. So to kick it off I ran across a sweet LED headlight for $5 and decided to see if it fits and it did (with some custom brackets of course)! Then I made some fork sliders for myself. I have access to a lathe and mill so the fork slider was easy to design and make. Next the hideous horns had to go, so under the airbox they went, I bent and powder-coated one of the tabs in order to hide the horn nicely. Next up is a custom set of blinkers for the front. I want them tucked nicely but still visible. I see what you guys were saying about the addiction to modding, its quite fun. I hope you enjoy.:grin2:
Hey fastfinch!

I really like that mod! Could you please tell me what you had to do to make it fit onto the bike? I've also did a search and found quite a few variants of these lights, could you provide any more details on the model (model number etc)?

Cheers!

Mike

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey fastfinch!

I really like that mod! Could you please tell me what you had to do to make it fit onto the bike? I've also did a search and found quite a few variants of these lights, could you provide any more details on the model (model number etc)?

Cheers!

Mike
Hey Mike,

I'm assuming you're talking about the headlight. I don't know what the model number or the brand of the light is, I picked it up at a local overstock auction. I did find them online and believe they are called Lucky 13. There are brand name and knock-offs available. It has mounting tabs in the center so I had to turn two adapters that would allow me to make it fit into the original housing. The other than that it was a plug in solution. If you have any more questions send me a DM and I can send you pictures.

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
415 Posts
I swapped out my crap looking front axdl pinch bolts for new stainless with some black coating from Pro Bolt. Boring!!! That was a great story about bolts.....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Start of 2019 Season

This past Friday I picked the GT up from getting fresh oil&filter, fuel filter, belts, valves checked, synced throttle bodies and she's ready for the 2019 riding season.

The tastier twisties in the hills are still too dirty and gravel laden so on Sunday I opened my 2019 riding season with a short day in the Columbia River Gorge.

2019 Odometer start: 52,600.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello All

Did try to align the chain after mounting new chain and sprockets.

I did use the new magnetic line laser from Profi.

It was SO easy to use and all the money worth

https://www.profi-products.de/de/profi-cat-laser/magnetik-industrie-tool/

The line laser puts the laser along the whole length of the chain so you do not have to move the laser all the time back and forth when you have make an adjustment to the chain tensioners. Since it is magnetic you do not have to hold it tight to the rear sprocket as well you of cause have to have a rear sprocket that is magnetic to do so

Ciaooo

Moller

·
Registered
731 Posts
I've been using a ProfiCat laser tool for years and they are indeed the business. Quick, easy, accurate. There is really no better way to do that job.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did change the timing belts the other day.

First time I did that job, but after reading the Workshop Manual and after seeing some YouTube videos it went just fine.

I did borrow a Gates Unittta Sonic Belt Tension Meter from my brother to get the job done. I did try different Apps but the Unitta meter worked the best.

One thing I worry about though is that I did not use Locktite 243 when I did torque the belt tensioner bolts. Hmmmmm, I better keep an eye on that......

Have a nice weekend all.

Ciaoooo

Moller

·
Registered
879 Posts
One thing I worry about though is that I did not use Locktite 243 when I did torque the belt tensioner bolts. Hmmmmm, I better keep an eye on that......

Have a nice weekend all.

Ciaoooo

Moller
I have never used locktite on 8 belt changes now on 2 bikes the Hyper and the SC and it's never
been a problem. I wouldn't worry about it. Do check them again in a 100 miles as new belts tend
to stretch a little at first.

1341 - 1360 of 1424 Posts