Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2984 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed my shorty levers and removed the handguards / turn signals. Waiting on my new turn signals to come in the mail!

'02 Yamaha YZ250F

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Almost recked it !!! Got new tire because of screw in the last one . And I was so excited to ride it I forgot to scuff up the new one a little and got down on it and went into a crazy fish tail and almost lost it ........then I changed my pants

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
247 Posts
........then I changed my pants
I went out and rode around tweaking my new map. 13.7 AFR is turning this bike into a beast. I have noticed that since I have put on the PC that 0-100% throttle at around 6500-7000 RPM makes a weird power surge almost like a jerk. So I am adding fuel to my 0% throttle and 6000-7000 RPM range to see if that fixes it. Who knows? (if anyone has heard this before give me a shout) .

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Almost recked it !!! Got new tire because of screw in the last one . And I was so excited to ride it I forgot to scuff up the new one a little and got down on it and went into a crazy fish tail and almost lost it ........then I changed my pants

Yes people, be carefull on new tires! Once after work I rushed my bike down to the bike shop to get a set of tires on her, and as always I'm in a rush, so I leave the shop with new tires & head for the freeway a couple blocks away, while going into the onramp sweeper
at a medium fast pace, my front end SLIDES out about 3 feet!! :eek: luckly I caught it. (barely)
When I got home I looked at my front tire, there was a spot on the tire about 2 feet long that had claw marks from the center to the very edge of the tire! Scary sh*t! So always be CAREFULL on new tires! Aloha Alex

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've only had her for just over two weeks now & are loving every minute. She a (new to me) 2011 Hyper 1100 EVO. Just got an open clutch cover & eagerly awaiting the pressure plate in the mail. Can't wait to stick them on & go for a run. Weather is getting better every day....Thursday's forecast is 64F & sunny....whooohoooo!!!!!!
Still need to post up some pics...will get that sorted once the clutch bits arrive.
I hope all you guys who are having shitty weather, get some spring relief real soon...nothing worse than staring at your baby & not being able to ride.:mad:

later, Rob
aarrghhh....couldn't help it, another bit on the way....ordrered a Shift Tech carbon hugger last night....I can see this baby emptying my bank acount in a hurry...lol...but hey she's definitely worth it...

·
Registered
622 Posts
I installed one of those Spider, "Clutch stabilizers" and I'm not sure if it's my imagination, or not, but it seems to have both smoothed out my clutch response a little & even quieted the clutch a bit? (Open clutch cover).
Anyone else have any similar experiences with these?

·
Registered
64 Posts
i took the cover off it and fired it up for the first time in 5 months and rode it to work. It was windy as hell out and on the cold side, but I loved every second of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fitted my new Kriega US-20 tailpack today so i don't have to wear a heavy rucksack on my back when riding to work anymore. Its a nice piece of kit and the web loops are hardly noticeable when the packs off so I'm well happy with it!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Went out for my first ride since installing my heated grips last week, happy I finally installed those. Then pulled prob one of the longest, smoothest wheelies I have ever done. Then tried to repeat it with no luck, need more nice weather and more practice!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
my bars wouldnt fit b/w two cars , so i wheelied thru the gap.....barppppppp....a moto-x helmet on this bike turns you into a mad man! i woould never do that on any other bike, or in my road helmet..something about goggles turn me evil.....

·
Registered
532 Posts
I fitted my new Kriega US-20 tailpack today so i don't have to wear a heavy rucksack on my back when riding to work anymore. Its a nice piece of kit and the web loops are hardly noticeable when the packs off so I'm well happy with it!
any photo's of it Fooman

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It has rained all day. I ordered several oil filters and oil. I'm feeling very industrious I suppose.

·
Registered
192 Posts
my clutch bits arrived today. I'm very happy with the outcome.

She is definitely louder...lol...love those mechanical noises.

·
Registered
309 Posts
You should can the rubber gasket. You don't need it now.
+1 It also makes that side feel "thinner" never been a fan of how the right foot is further from center than the left. Canning the rubber gasket helps it feel closer, at least to me it does.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got new Scotts damper, installing tonight. To bad rain for the rest of the weekend will most likely keep me from testing it!

21 - 40 of 2984 Posts