Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2961 - 2980 of 2982 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Is that a titanium subframe for the 950? I havnt seen one before and cant find any info on googling. If it is, is there a part number I could search and check them out?
No Sir, it is for the 1100 and 796. NCR makes them. I can only imagine what they could whip up the new bike. If you look up NCR Leggera, they have a 328lb model and a sub 300 pound version of the hypermotard. Prices are pretty nuts though.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Only useful on the track.
A few skilled racers find it useful to softly use the rear brake while they are dragging the right knee on a corner.
Several MotoGP riders have tried it, but almost none of them kept using it.
My usage is mainly for wheelies and hooligan stuff. I wanted to try something without adding a second Lever below the clutch. We'll see how this setup pans out. For MotoGP, I know Dovi uses one for crazy lean angle braking like you said and a couple others that I can't think of immediately. I know Rossi used one when he had a broken right leg. Some guys are using them to keep the front end down upon corner exit while maintaining heavy throttle application. Unfortunately, I don't think MotoGP is in my future lol.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Only useful on the track.
A few skilled racers find it useful to softly use the rear brake while they are dragging the right knee on a corner.
Several MotoGP riders have tried it, but almost none of them kept using it.
I use the left hand rear brake on the street and track as part of my normal trail braking. I have it on my Hyper and R6. Typically, I use it for a few seconds longer than the front brake as I approach the apex to fine tune the line and I use it on exits while under throttle to fine tune the exit line. Of course you don't need it, but I like being able to go to the brakes at any point in the ride. The front brake it primary, but sometimes not an option.

This video of the IMA thumb brake shows how it can be used on the track.

If I could use my foot as well as I can use my fingers. I would not need a hand rear brake. Watch real skill with the foot operated rear brake here:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
So how many miles do you have on your tard? I have 43,000 on mine a 08, and 41,000 on my 01 Monster 750 dark. Fun times every mile!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just bought this beautiful set of like new right and left hand guards. Seller says they were taken off from a brand new 2012 so they should be mint... I wonder if anyone here was following them😁 View attachment 978309
I bought one set about month or two ago :D Dealer had removed them from new bike. For some reason the guy who had bought bike as new wanted it without them so they are never used. Maybe he wanted DP handguards right away.

My Hypers first owner had broken the right one obviously by overtightening it. When I started to searching new one it was really hard to find any but looks like there is now a lot handguards in the Ebay etc.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I bought one set about month or two ago :D Dealer had removed them from new bike. For some reason the guy who had bought bike as new wanted it without them so they are never used. Maybe he wanted DP handguards right away.

My Hypers first owner had broken the right one obviously by overtightening it. When I started to searching new one it was really hard to find any but looks like there is now a lot handguards in the Ebay etc.
Those who removed them from new, either use the bike to race from the beginning or just had to much cash that didn’t care.

Yes, they are hard to find at times, especially these that were removed from new. It’s a good deal considering that the dealer ask like $1,200 for the whole set.

·
Mexican Ducatista
950 Posts
Just bought this beautiful set of like new right and left hand guards. Seller says they were taken off from a brand new 2012 so they should be mint... I wonder if anyone here was following them😁 View attachment 978309
You guys were really lucky!
These are usually very hard to find in mint condition.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Those who removed them from new, either use the bike to race from the beginning or just had to much cash that didn’t care.

Yes, they are hard to find at times, especially these that were removed from new. It’s a good deal considering that the dealer ask like $1,200 for the whole set.
You guys were really lucky!
These are usually very hard to find in mint condition.
I only needed right side handguard without the brackets,turn signal etc. That would have been something like 200$ (handguard only). When I was getting other parts from dealer he mentioned that they had done inventory at their storage and found those that had been forgotten to back shelf. He knew I had HM1100 and asked if I was interested. I told I can pay the 200$ because that is the price for the new handguard and deal was closed. Obviously they just wanted to get rid of those.

Well I waited more than a year to get those with decent price, but finally found them. I didn`t have a hurry with it, because the broken one still "worked". I didn`t notice it when I bought the bike so it looks normal and you could notice it only with close inspection. I could have repaired it, but previous owner had tried and failed :D So it was impossible to fix now.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
No Sir, it is for the 1100 and 796. NCR makes them. I can only imagine what they could whip up the new bike. If you look up NCR Leggera, they have a 328lb model and a sub 300 pound version of the hypermotard. Prices are pretty nuts though.

$76,000 for the "heavy" bike......................................ugh

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nothing yet! I'm trying to find a more comfortable seat... Any recommendations?
Thanks!
This?

This?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This?

This?

Hey Pard, thanks for the links! Both options are better than what I've got now... Only concern is the increase in height. I'm already on my tippy toes with the standard 2x4 they call a seat. Maybe a local upholstery shop might be able to help?

2961 - 2980 of 2982 Posts