Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 4255 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Kitesurfer,
My bike told me it was 43oC yesterday (while travelling). I got home and the house thermometer agreed. Excellent.

I am glad I am not the AGATT type but the WGYFWL type.
Flaming begin.

That kitesurfer guy is just trying to pick a fight Tim . I see him do it on here a lot.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What did you do....

I went out into the MAN cave and admired my beautiful Multi because it never got over 18 degrees today. It was 72 saturday. Climate change is a bitch!:eek: I'm pretty sure I won't have the pleasure of riding her again till friday or saturday,possibly later because of all the ice on the road,thank God I have the cage to drive when the weather sux.

·
Registered
14 Posts
here is my exciting ride of the day:
Had my bike picked up at my home by the dealer for the 4th electronic failure since owning it :mad:.
This time it's the keyless system (2nd time) which is down with steering lock locked and no way to open it, made it interesting to load it into the truck by the dealer.

At least he left me his demo bike, but with currently minus 2 celsius that is not really attractive.
Cheers
Pete

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Installed an Autoswitch garage door opener on the bike today, if you have never heard of it check out this video on how it works
If anyone is interested I can post how I wired it.

While I had the bike apart I also decided I wanted to rewire the Hi beams to were all 4 lights stayed on for better night visibility and daytime safety. I installed a relay when the Hi beams are on would cause the lo beam relay to come on so all lights would stay on. It worked great while the motor was not running, but when I started the bike it threw a fault code saying problem with lo beam. I have another idea around it but I'll try it another day.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Kitesurfer,
My bike told me it was 43oC yesterday (while travelling). I got home and the house thermometer agreed. Excellent.

I am glad I am not the AGATT type but the WGYFWL type.
Flaming begin.
Yeah, mine seems to be pretty accurate while moving too. Unlike the speedo!

·
Señor Member
1,466 Posts
I bought mine today. After futzin around for two weeks with closer by dealers who had no apparent initiative, I found a black touring late in the day and was able to make a very fair deal so I can put on some of the cf bits from the sport. Got all this for less than either other dealer would do on just the sport. WOOOHOOOOO!!!

Got me a vin and though it's a bit of a hike to go fetch it, and it may be a week or two before I can run north to get it, I am freakin thrilled. :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
So it was mid forties this morning, and I was tempted to go out for a spin (neighborhood is snowed in, but only 1/2 mile to the main roads), then it started snowing again. :mad: 8" fresh, temp dropped to 30 deg.

So I adjusted the chain, washed it, and drove into the Ducati dealer to order the heated grips and top box. Hopefully will have those in a couple of weeks. How many hrs are people typically paying for the OEM grip install?

thernningmn -- Sharp! I was thinking of going with the Altrider stuff in black, but the silver matches the footpegs and engine cases nicely.

Mine is red too, now I have to decide.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I rode over to my dealership and had my rear brake bled and my computer re-flashed under recal to eliminate the stalling when chopping the throttle.
Not a bad day for a ride, cool, but my electric liner and heated grips :)

B

·
0 Posts
Did the Guzzi Breakfast ride this morning today with a light drizzle going. Roads were clear and slightly wet but I'm learning to better them slowly as I gain more skill and confidence on the Multi. Total fun as Black Diamond/Enumclaw area has a bunch of twisty roads! Can't wait for spring:D

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
It was 72F and sunny here in the San Francisco Bay Area today, but I spent a majority of the day at my Ducati dealership while my bike was being serviced. I had the 600 mile service performed. I also had the Ducati GPS and handsfree gas cap installed. Of course I also had to purchase a few more things while I was hanging around the dealership (top case, bags for panniers, CD shop manual).

Luckily we are going to have more of the same weather tomorrow and I have a 400 mile ride planned. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just sat on her

For about 3 minutes. In the garage. Wishing the snow to melt. Skiing be Damned.

I might even have made a little engine noise as I pretended to roll on the throttle exiting a sweeping left hander...

·
Registered
220 Posts
I installed a SpeedyMoto EVO waterpump housing. Milled from a solid block of billet aluminum, anodized black, stylish, functional, tasty.

B

·
0 Posts
Thinking about doing something on it. Thinking around Mercer island:think:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not a blessed thing...

Still waiting to recover from my mystery illness :confused:. Sick since December 12: shortness of breath, fatigue, etc.

Brand new (crash replacement) 2010 MTS1200S sitting in my garage with 10 miles on it (son rode it home from dealer last November). Just waiting for me to be healthy enough to ride again.

Very frustrating. Don't even have enough energy to go out and polish/wax the thing. :mad:

--Doc

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Nov 7 was the last time I rode (I remember the date as I left my mini movie cam in a pocket left un-zipped, and in a 220 km/hr wind-blast, the thing flew away:mad:). Stupid me:eek:.

Today, I cleaned/lubed the chain, dusted her off, did some detailed cleaning, and rode it up and down the 200m or so lane in the compound where I live.

Although it was nice enough to go for a ride, the road is so full of winter shite (dust, dirt, salt), I decided to wait for a better occasion to risk my life/health on crazied Romania traffic.

This a.m., I visited the local Duc dealership, who has my S4Rs displayed in his showroom. She's goona get a new Speedymoto triple clamp and clip-ons, and some new GILLES Rear-Sets installed:cool:.

Still a motorbike enthusiast, I guess:rolleyes:.

61 - 80 of 4255 Posts