Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

What Did You Do On Your Multistrada Today?

1042801 Views 5358 Replies 911 Participants Last post by  winterboy8
I'll Start:

I installed T-Rex front & rear axles and frame sliders I got off Ebay all for $122. Overall I am very happy with the quality, hopefully I'll never report how well they actually work.

See less See more
Reactions: 5
5341 - 5359 of 5359 Posts
New front brake pads and a thorough cleaning of front and rear brake rotors. Just crossed 15K on my 2019 pikes peak and getting ready to tackle the 18K demo this off season so I've been slowly getting tools and parts together to complete it. Looking forward to better riding now that the April showers have passed.
Reactions: 3
Installed Carbon Fiber front fender (mud guard) and Side panels. I have a CF beak that's going to take some work to install, but I'm hoping I can bet it on soon.
See less See more
Reactions: 4
On my 2008 Multistrada 1100s, I changed the fork oil to see if that might be the problem with the front end not feeling right since I bought the bike. I after dumping the oil, I found that the rebound needle and spring were installed incorrectly by whoever "freshened" them up. The rebound needle pointed up instead of down and the spring was then installed on top of the rebound needle. So I reasssembled the forks correctly, put in Ohlins 5wt fork oil and took it out for a test ride. Needless to say the forks now work correctly and more importantly safer. Also installed some 2008 Hypermotard foot pegs, direct fit on the Multistrada.
Today on my way into work I managed to pick up what looks like a chromed pin/nail of some kind? Can't believe it's still holding air! Can't be too mad though, this one is almost to the wear bars in the center.

I've got a Dunlop Roadsmart 3 190/55 on the way that I'll hopefully replace sometime next week. Have to get it done in time for my trip to Road America for the MotoAmerica races next weekend.
See less See more
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Today on my way into work I managed to pick up what looks like a chromed pin/nail of some kind? Can't believe it's still holding air! Can't be too mad though, this one is almost to the wear bars in the center.
Ouch! But it could have been worse, a lot worse. I picked this up about three weeks ago:

I don't even know how this happened. Obviously it went flat immediately. This was a new Road 6 with only ~1000 miles on it. :mad:

The wheel also took some damage, but it's only on the outside and doesn't affect the seat for the tire bead.

I have another 1500 miles or so since the incident and the replacement tire is holding air fine.
See less See more
  • Wow
Ouch! But it could have been worse, a lot worse. I picked this up about three weeks ago:

I don't even know how this happened. Obviously it went flat immediately. This was a new Road 6 with only ~1000 miles on it. :mad:

The wheel also took some damage, but it's only on the outside and doesn't affect the seat for the tire bead.

I have another 1500 miles or so since the incident and the replacement tire is holding air fine.
That's about the craziest puncture I've ever seen. The odds of the right location, angle, force....
Reactions: 1
That's about the craziest puncture I've ever seen. The odds of the right location, angle, force....
Yeah, I've thought it over and it still boggles the mind. I was leaned over in a turn when I hit it.

I got over 200 miles on a tank of gas on the V4S! I was on track for that full tank claim of 223 miles to empty.

I had a mellow 562 mile ride today. I averaged over 40 miles per gallon. The 200+ mile tank was a 43.7 mile per gallon average.

I’m sorry. There are only about 350,000,000 of us on the planet who use these measurements. The conversions are pretty straightforward. There are 5,280 feet in a mile. 12 inches in a foot. And like 25 1/2 millimeters in an inch. Then, we have 128 ounces in a gallon. A 500 milliliter bottle holds 16.9 ounces, so that’s an easy conversion too. Did I mention the temperature was between 80° and 96°F. That one is simple also. It is something like F° multiplied by five ninths then you add or subtract 32 to get to C°. Math (or maths) is (or is is are) fun.

Thats Lake Meade from North Shore Drive.
See less See more
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4
Apparently it’s an epidemic. Fixed the results of this a couple days ago and I couldn’t even tell you for sure what it is. Michelin Road 6 with 1,400 miles on it.

See less See more
  • Wow
Apparently it’s an epidemic. Fixed the results of this a couple days ago and I couldn’t even tell you for sure what it is. Michelin Road 6 with 1,400 miles on it.
Aside from the bad luck, how do you like those tires? Have you ridden them in the rain yet? If so, do the cut water well?
Took my “new” (2020) 1260 S for its first real ride under my ownership. Basically traded it in for my 2012 BMW R1200 RT. Never realized what I was missing…
See less See more
Not today but just a few days ago, I got home from a 2,800 mile round trip to the Deals Gap Dragon to ride. I had five days of also riding in the surrounding areas before a one day, 12 hour ride back home.
See less See more
Reactions: 5
Not today but just a few days ago, I got home from a 2,800 mile round trip to the Deals Gap Dragon to ride. I had five days of also riding in the surrounding areas before a one day, 12 hour ride back home.
Too bad we missed you at ECM!
[/QU
Wait a second! Were you guys at the Tapoco Sunday night (May 21)? Because I did notice a whole lot of Ducat’s in the parking lot when I got back there for the night. Lol
Wait a second! Were you guys at the Tapoco Sunday night (May 21)? Because I did notice a whole lot of Ducat’s in the parking lot when I got back there for the night. Lol
Yep, that was us.

Edit: DOH!!! somehow I interpreted Tapoco as Fontana. That was NOT us. :rolleyes:
We stayed at Tapoco last year, that’s a great spot.
I changed the belts, air filter, oil, coolant and a few more things. Unfortunately I broke the fuel pump connector. Fortunately this forum pointed me on my way to the fix, and saved about $12$$

See less See more
Aside from the bad luck, how do you like those tires? Have you ridden them in the rain yet? If so, do the cut water well?
I like them a lot. This is my second set. I've been fortunate enough to not have a rain ride on them yet so can't comment on their performance in the wet. I don't do any off pavement riding at all so keep that in mind too.
I like them a lot. This is my second set. I've been fortunate enough to not have a rain ride on them yet so can't comment on their performance in the wet. I don't do any off pavement riding at all so keep that in mind too.
My Pirelli's are almost as low on tread as I want to wear on them, and have been looking at the Road 6 for my next set. I too am mainly pavement, but riding in FL you sometimes get caught in very heavy rain and that is almost as important as any other attribute on a motorcycle tire for me. Thanks for response.
5341 - 5359 of 5359 Posts