Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
4781 - 4800 of 4857 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
108 Posts
Definitely interested. One of the few aftermarket items I’m considering.
Finally got around to installing the radiator guards. Only miss on the directions is having to cut away the harness zip ties from the panel to allow it to clear the radiator to slide in the side guards.

Update: Added pics of the side guards as well.

Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Motor vehicle White Automotive lighting Hood
Hood Automotive tire Grille Audio equipment Automotive exterior
Grille Automotive design Automotive exterior Audio equipment Carbon

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
108 Posts
Cleaned, lubed and adjusted the chain this weekend, first time for me. Was a bit surprised at how loose it was considering it only has about 1,100 miles on it and I had it in for 600 mi checkup and they supposedly adjusted the chain. Guess I'll have to check it more often to see how well it's staying tensioned.

Bicycle tire Sleeve Automotive tire Bicycle chain Crankset

·
Registered
231 Posts
Cleaned, lubed and adjusted the chain this weekend, first time for me. Was a bit surprised at how loose it was considering it only has about 1,100 miles on it and I had it in for 600 mi checkup and they supposedly adjusted the chain. Guess I'll have to check it more often to see how well it's staying tensioned.

View attachment 1017830
I get some pretty decent chain slap after about 150 miles on mine. I do have a lot of bumps I ended up running over which cause it to stretch a bit. Maybe I should slow down, but that's not fun.

·
Hammer Down
2020 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
1,962 Posts

View attachment 1017830
My chain wasn't too far out of spec at about 3k miles but it was out of spec. Made me wonder if they actually adjusted it at the 600 mile or not.

·
Registered
2016 MTS 1200 DVT PP
12 Posts
Installed TPMS on my Gigi (2016 MTS 1200 PP). Before riding to the workshop, I fitted the display unit myself. I decided to do the sticky mount way rather than the handle bar clamp mount. I used the GPS power supplier to power the display. According to the manual, this is in tucked away in the hear stock unit (under the beak). After a long fiddle looking for it, I finally located it near the fuel pump power supply connector (under the top left cover with a 'DUCATI' writting on it).....:mad:

Tyre fitment mechanic had to drill the wheels valve step opening from 8 mm to 12mm. Initially the rear sensor assembly would not fit. This was due to the rim v-profile near the opening. To make it fit we agreed to do away with the spring inside the sensor assembly. Added some lock tight on the screw threads and carefully tightened. I recon only 3 to 4 row of threads are holding that sensor in place. If the sensor comes loose, I recon I might have to machine a chamfer on the inside of the rim.

I run press is 2.6 Bar and 2.8 Bar on Michelin R5, front and rear respectively. My display indication showed 2.5 and 2.7 Bar. And on this spring African day I decides to ride my favorite mountain pass. I was shocked how high the tyre press increases when one ups the pase. I then stopped to adjust set point press. The default value for both front and rear is set at 2.2 Bar.
Peripheral Input device Green Automotive tire Gadget
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Car
Automotive tire Automotive design Gadget Motor vehicle Vehicle door
Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Gadget Steering wheel

·
Registered
2016 MTS 1200 DVT PP
12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
108 Posts
My chain wasn't too far out of spec at about 3k miles but it was out of spec. Made me wonder if they actually adjusted it at the 600 mile or not.
I haven't ridden since I adjusted it, but will get out for a quick spin this weekend. Taking it up to TN in 2 weeks and need to be prepped for the Dragon!!!!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

View attachment 1017830
If your V4S has electronic suspension with "Enduro", which i assume it does, the chain tension has to take the additional ride height into consideration, better to be too loose than too tight, you just get some slap on the guide rather than ruining output shaft bearings....
If you don't use the higher suspension setting you're all good, but the tech might not know that and is adjusting to the workshop spec for the range.

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S
108 Posts
If your V4S has electronic suspension with "Enduro", which i assume it does, the chain tension has to take the additional ride height into consideration, better to be too loose than too tight, you just get some slap on the guide rather than ruining output shaft bearings....
If you don't use the higher suspension setting you're all good, but the tech might not know that and is adjusting to the workshop spec for the range.
I completely forgot about the adjustable suspension and how that could play into the adjustment. I think my last setting was sport mode when adjusted. Does anyone think (question being posed without looking in the manual) a specific mode/rider setting needs to be set while adjusting the chain???? i.e. does it need to be in tour with 1 passenger and no luggage vs. Enduro w/2 passengers and luggage?

4781 - 4800 of 4857 Posts