Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

4601 - 4620 of 4640 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yesterday I installed a new pair of Givi led auxiliary lights, replacing the shaming crap I had there before. I ignored the on/off switch and the connection to the battery it came with and connected to the gps wiring below the handlebar, now if the ignition is on the lights are on, if it's off the lights are off.

The lights itself are of great quality and make you visible from very far, and the light color matches pretty well the bike's headlight color.

Reactions: CanadaDan

·
Registered
2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260s
7 Posts
Yesterday I installed a new pair of Givi led auxiliary lights, replacing the shaming crap I had there before. I ignored the on/off switch and the connection to the battery it came with and connected to the gps wiring below the handlebar, now if the ignition is on the lights are on, if it's off the lights are off.

The lights itself are of great quality and make you visible from very far, and the light color matches pretty well the bike's headlight color.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tried to install a set of R&G rad guard and front head guard. The problem I encountered was with the front head guard. It requires replacing the little Allen head screws that attach the front plastic head cover. When removing the little screws, the right side came out easily but the left side turned the big bolt behind that goes into the head. The little Allen head screw wouldn’t break loose from the big bolt. I nearly stripped the little Allen head screw and gave up. Any ideas ??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tried to install a set of R&G rad guard and front head guard. The problem I encountered was with the front head guard. It requires replacing the little Allen head screws that attach the front plastic head cover. When removing the little screws, the right side came out easily but the left side turned the big bolt behind that goes into the head. The little Allen head screw wouldn’t break loose from the big bolt. I nearly stripped the little Allen head screw and gave up. Any ideas ?? View attachment 1006313 View attachment 1006314

I encountered the same problem. Remove the allen head that would come off easily. This will give some flex tot he plastic shroud. You can then reach behind the plastic shroud from the left side with appropriately sized wrench. This connects to a stem with seal on the head (with wrench flats). That will allow you to remove the allen he'd and shroud.

Note that you may get some oil dripping out until snugged up properly. Just a bit of blue Loctite on the allen head when replacing the shroud.

Safe riding!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you very much. I will be trying this tonight. Did you torque the stem back in on its own before putting the plastic shroud on again .?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'll take my side bags over that monstrosity, personally.

4601 - 4620 of 4640 Posts