Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

4541 - 4547 of 4547 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I mounted my GPS RAM as far left as possible on the bars. Sat on my '19 950s which arrived yesterday :) and...
Looks Pants
Looks like it will take all the weather from the slipstream
Not happy with it.
So it raised the questions:
Where do others put it - where do they wire in so it only comes on with the ignition.
Mine's pretty far left and barely clears the windscreen on a hard right. It's at least 50% exposed to the weather, but it's a weatherproof Garmin Zumo so it's not been an issue. Just have clean some bugs off every now and then. Has not been affected by rain or other weather.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Installed a Lexin wireless charger on my RAM mount. I hardwired it straight to the unused GPS wire (2015 1200S).

There was very little room to mount the "controller box". The attached pic is the only place I could find (I wanted it completely hidden). I probably cant access the USB port on it, but I didn't really want it for that anyway.

It charges my phone when I boot up the bike and shuts it off when I turn the bike off. I'm happy!

It was CHEAP too!

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Oil and filter change and I installed a new EVR clutch pack. Took a quick 10 min ride no leaks and the clutch is a peach

·
Registered
282 Posts
Bike + Old cars ride today, going to a Land Rover Defender event. Super pleasant day to ride in South Florida, temperatures in the high 50’s/low 60’s (happens a total of like 10 days/year, gotta enjoy when they’re here).

·
Registered
38 Posts
I installed an Evotech radiator and oil cooler guard. Although I do have a front fender extender, I was still a little concerned about radiator damage. I was riding with a friend in a remote area, and a rock punctured his 2019 Pikes Peak radiator. He was riding on pavement when the $1500 incident occurred.

2019 Pikes Peak.

·
Registered
850 Posts
^^^ I did the same yesterday, i fitted the evotech rad and oil cooler guards . Ive had a stone puncture my oil cooler on my previous 1200 multi.

Reactions: gnelson
4541 - 4547 of 4547 Posts