Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

4521 - 4540 of 4547 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Installed my Ducati GPS mount and Garmin XT
I thought about getting the Ducati GPS mount. It appeared to work for a Zumo 395. My Zumo XT has a different mount and wasn't sure the Ducati Mount would work. It looks like you have confirmed the mount will work with the XT.

·
Registered
2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200s pikes peak
19 Posts
Took the wheels off to put some soft new shoes on. Should have moved it away from the wall and moved the bmw to make it easier but shes sleeping in the artic north. Didnt want to wake her

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been pretty busy with my 2011 MTS 1200 I have been trying to get my new fuel sensor to work. Working on building a custom exhaust. Did the airbox mod. I am probably going to order Tuneboy very soon. I also added side wind screens.
Currently I am waiting for the snow to melt so I can ride. I do enjoy waxing the beauty but riding is way more fun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. Mine has never had fuel tank or fuel sensor problems, everything is A-OK @ 45,000km.

Could it have something to do with the fuel over there?

·
Registered
35 Posts
@WagsMcP The ethanol in the US gasoline causes fuel sensor problems.
The tank expansion was the first thing I checked when I bought mine the other day. We have an ethanol E10 fuel here that's 5-10% ethanol but nobody I know touches the garbage. Cars have had to be made specifically for it because it was destroying engines. Less efficiency, less power, utter garbage.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
@WagsMcP Archer Daniels Midland and the corn lobby have perpetrated the scam in the US. It also contributes to water pollution because unlike gasoline ethanol is soluble in water.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The ethanol in the US gasoline causes fuel sensor problems
It's unfortunate that no motorcycle or auto manufacturer has yet figured out to make a fuel gauge that functions reliably in the presence of ethanol.....

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have rarely used ethanol fuel in my multi, 90% of time is ethanol free fuel, only using pump gas if away from home. Original fuel gauge was fine for a couple years them was replaced when it stopped registering correctly and the replacement worked perfect until last November 2019. That's when I picked it up from the dealer after a repair and when they started it up fuel gauge didn't work at all. It still is intermittent, functions fine and then blinks off, then back on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hahaha, but then it wouldn't be a Duc if they copied the competition, would it?
You say that, but they've gone to conventional valve springs and a double-sided swingarm.... ;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Watched the weather over the weekend and decided to take a chance on riding in the Deal's Gap area on Monday. Cold (mid 40s to low 50s), but well worth it. Had the place to myself, roads were actually in good shape due to recent rain and milder temps. Good day to be me.

·
Sophomore Member
3,120 Posts
I considered doing the same. I’m kicking myself for not.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Not gonna lie to you, it was cold and slippery in the morning. I was wondering if it was gonna pay off. Got to the top of the Cherohala on the NC side and saw a few ice patches on the asphalt about 2pm, so I turned around. It was 37 degrees up there. I also had Va Duc's post from a few weeks ago in the back of my mind........
She's not pretty anymore

I will also add that when you are the only bike in the area you seem to meet a lot of cops on the road, might have just been my imagination.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I plugged mine into the tender, because I forgot to do it weeks ago. Whoops

·
Registered
5 Posts
I mounted my GPS RAM as far left as possible on the bars. Sat on my '19 950s which arrived yesterday :) and...
Looks Pants
Looks like it will take all the weather from the slipstream
Not happy with it.
So it raised the questions:
Where do others put it - where do they wire in so it only comes on with the ignition.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I mounted my GPS RAM as far left as possible on the bars. Sat on my '19 950s which arrived yesterday :) and...
Looks Pants
Looks like it will take all the weather from the slipstream
Not happy with it.
So it raised the questions:
Where do others put it - where do they wire in so it only comes on with the ignition.
I use a similar mount on my 1260 S and utilize a connector under the left side plastic panel.

4521 - 4540 of 4547 Posts