Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

4441 - 4460 of 4463 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went camping in the Canadian Rocky Mountains with the Multistrada 1260S!!!
I’m a young female with a thirst for crazy motorcycle adventure!! Check out my video if you want to see the bike in action, sleeping under the stars or some funny moments of me trying to start fire with two rocks!!!!
love the Ducati Multistrada!!! Where will we go next !!!!!!!!!!!!
Peace out! Ride with Red

·
Registered
32 Posts
Already? Didn't you just buy it a month ago?
Yep, you’re right. But realised that what I really wanted was the Enduro version and now trying to do the swapp, before I start any mods on in. I find the GT too much on the sporty side with its 17inch front wheel, shorter fork and the slimmer fuel tank. Its a great Bike but I was looking for a heavy large beast adventure bike and the Enduro seems to be that one.

Btw... is there any annoucement for a 2021 V4 MTS? Might wait for that Enduro one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Added the windscreen spacers from DucPilot.com to two (2), - 2019 Multistrada 1260S. Great product with amazing reduction in wind noise and buffeting. Plus those of who wear ear plugs can now hear the OEM exhaust actually growl a bit. The installation was flawless on both a CalSci Medium and the OEM screen. Thanks to KrazyJohhny and DucPilot.com for a great product made right here in the USA!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quick morning trip to the Florida Keys for a coffee with another Multi friend. Good comfortable weather on the way out (high 70’s), not so comfortable on the way back in (mid 80’s), and sunny as usual!

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Multistrada 1200 S Touring
2 Posts
Quick morning trip to the Florida Keys for a coffee with another Multi friend. Good comfortable weather on the way out (high 70’s), not so comfortable on the way back in (mid 80’s), and sunny as usual!
95 MPH? Just happened once when you were passing an 18 wheeler, right??? :rolleyes: We had Hanna after effects, i.e.rain, today. No riding here.

·
Registered
177 Posts
95 MPH? Just happened once when you were passing an 18 wheeler, right??? :rolleyes: We had Hanna after effects, i.e.rain, today. No riding here.
It was indeed taking over another vehicle, just don’t remember which one! Can’t joke around the south end of the FL Turnpike these days, today didn’t see any FHP there, but last 2 times I saw more than one in a 13 mile stretch.

·
Registered
264 Posts
just removed my body panels to wrap em

wich color? reveal in the upcoming video ;)

ps: I hope to do a good sprayjob myself on the front fender, because of the tight fitting of cables underneath the fender, I didnt wanna bother removing it myself

Also last week adjusted the chain tension on this bike for the first time myself, easy system, I like!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Shout-out to the 1st American Volunteer Group/23rd Fighter Group:

Trivia - The 23rd Fighter Group still carries the tail code "FT" and the AVG nose art, and are the only US military aircraft authorized to use these markings.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dropped it a bit. Just as I’d do when laying a baby to sleep

Oh brother I'm sorry for it..... I imagine how much it hurts!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dropped it a bit. Just as I’d do when laying a baby to sleep

I also canceled the sale add. I realised I love this bike. The MTS Enduro I tested and thought I really want it is in fact too rough and brutal, nothing smooth about, it rides completely different, Close to a agriculture machine, as I imagine one being. Or maybe it was just this one I got to test, something wrong with it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I also canceled the sale add. I realised I love this bike. The MTS Enduro I tested and thought I really want it is in fact too rough and brutal, nothing smooth about, it rides completely different, Close to a agriculture machine, as I imagine one being. Or maybe it was just this one I got to test, something wrong with it.

I dont get it.

You already have a GT and you wanted to trade it for an Enduro and than you say the Enduro is too rough and brutal, nothing smooth about, it rides completely different?

How so when the engines o al these Multis are exactly the same?
How can one Multi be noticeable more brutal and less smooth?

:sneaky:

·
Registered
177 Posts
How do you like the Touratech seat?
It's definitely a major improvement over the stock seat. It doesn't smash my nads into the tank, it's certainly better padded.

I got the Touratech on ebay, NOS, for cheap ($350). I have tailbone problems from breaking it in 1992, the Touratech is better but still hurts after about 2 hrs (the stocker was about 1 hr). I'm going to take it and get a tailbone channel cut into it. But that's a "me" problem, not the seat's fault.

If I was looking at paying full freight, I would have taken the stock seat to a shop and gotten it custom-rebuilt. But at half price, it was worth it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I dont get it.

You already have a GT and you wanted to trade it for an Enduro and than you say the Enduro is too rough and brutal, nothing smooth about, it rides completely different?

How so when the engines o al these Multis are exactly the same?
How can one Multi be noticeable more brutal and less smooth?

:sneaky:
Here’s the timeline on my MTS buying adventure, to make it more clear:
  • the first time I tested the Enduro was also the first Multi I ever rode; I only rode it for 30 minutes through the city and couldn’t conclude much other than that I really liked the height of the seat (standard 860mm) and the legs being stretched enough, the way I like it; I also loved the overall dimensions of a big bike, being a pretty solid guy myself;
  • back to the dealer, browsing the different versions and options available on the MTS, I somehow decided to go with the GT version, asuming, just as you did, that the riding won’t differ that much;
  • 3 weeks later my GT arrived and after riding it for about 3.000km I kept going back liking that hight and different riding position of the ENDURO and decided I should go with my heart and put the GT for sale;
  • meanwhile, I also booked another ride test, a more extensive one this time, trying to avoid the scenario where I sell the GT, get the Enduro but end up not liking it and whish my GT was back;
  • the Enduro, or at least that one that I tested, was really not what I was hoping it would be; maybe because of the 20.000km it had on it, maybe because it was used also as a testing bike just as I did, not sure why but it felt very different than my GT and not in the good way. The sale guy said that the engine is tuned differently for the Enduro version and the gearbox also. Not sure where the truth lies but I do remember that this Enduro was vibrating as hell above 6.5k revs and I couldn’t get higher than 190km/h because of that, while my GT went to 240km/h like knife through butter.
Anyway, long post to read for others and even longer for me to write so I hope it will be of some help for someone.

4441 - 4460 of 4463 Posts