Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

4421 - 4440 of 4461 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
oh how do you like those evo-tech hand guards?
Love them! They really flow with the lines of the handguards, don't limit visibility of the OEM signal, and are quick to install.

Everything I have got from EvoTech has been a seriously quality product. I got a chance to check out the barkbuster guards on a used MTS while I was still shopping, and they seemed cheap compared to EvoTech.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I removed the passenger pegs and got the Leo Vince decat and exhaust installed. So much better!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Took a ride around the country and noticed chain needed adjustment. The question is put the rear tire hugger back on or leave off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
You asked. Off! It it does not make it go, stop, or turn better don’t need it😁

·
Registered
177 Posts
The question is put the rear tire hugger back on or leave off.
I left mine off at the first chain adjustment.
My understanding is that there is a regulation (Euro I think?) that the rearmost thing on the bike cannot be the tire. Imagine backing the bike to a wall. The first thing to touch cannot be the tire. Hence the tire hugger.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I thought it was too reduce rain spray, I know without it alot of stuff (road grime and water) comes over the back of bike.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
I left mine off at the first chain adjustment.
My understanding is that there is a regulation (Euro I think?) that the rearmost thing on the bike cannot be the tire. Imagine backing the bike to a wall. The first thing to touch cannot be the tire. Hence the tire hugger.
I think the rule you're thinking about is that the license plate must be mounted at the rearmost part of the bike, I'm fairly certain that is just to reduce spray, and not to meet any legal requirement. I believe this is not a unique requirement of the EU, but of most countries.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My first Multi didn't have the hugger. I quickly put one on - rain spray, mud and cow dung on my back is not funny.
Cow dung, you really put the multi through its ride modes. Do you use the sport mode so you can really throw it on your pals that rice behind you. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cow dung, you really put the multi through its ride modes. Do you use the sport mode so you can really throw it on your pals that rice behind you. Lol
:p
I live on a dirt road, with another 1km of inadequate rough dirt from the gate to the house... Enduro mode is particularly good when it's wet! My Multi (2015 DVT) is awaiting parts for a key fob/ecu issue so I'm currently riding a loaner MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso. Now that's a different kettle of fun! It does seem sacriligeous seeing the beautiful MV with dust, crap and bugs all over it though...

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Multistrada 1200 S Touring
2 Posts
Picked up a '14 1200 S Touring last weekend. Spent time after work today trying to figure out all the modes and electronics this bike has to offer. Think I'm gonna like this bike. tp dd50

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Momma’s little multi got a fresh set of belts. 20 minutes and done.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Picked up a '14 1200 S Touring last weekend. Spent time after work today trying to figure out all the modes and electronics this bike has to offer. Think I'm gonna like this bike. tp dd50
I have a couple extras for that bike if your interested. Altrider rear rack for givi box, Ducati comfort/touring rear seat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4421 - 4440 of 4461 Posts