Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

4401 - 4420 of 4431 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll Start:

I installed T-Rex front & rear axles and frame sliders I got off Ebay all for $122. Overall I am very happy with the quality, hopefully I'll never report how well they actually work.

I am just about to ride to car wash to clean 1000 miles of bug genocide after father's day weekend ride with dad and brother

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep. I commute and go to tons of meetings, and the Roadcrafter needs space for storage.
I prefer the topcase to the two huge panniers, especially when filtering and splitting.
I dropped my side pannier.................. there was a lot of bad language and calling myself names looking at pretty bad scratche
Put a tailbox on. Thank goodness my bike still had the spare cylinder in the tool kit.

View attachment 987874

View attachment 987875
Do the barkbusters go over the original hand guard? I thought the originals came off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep. I commute and go to tons of meetings, and the Roadcrafter needs space for storage.
I prefer the topcase to the two huge panniers, especially when filtering and splitting.
I dropped my side pannier :-( ................. there was a lot of bad language and calling myself names. It was pretty bad scratched on the plastic front panel. By some miracle I found a new replacement on minus the color panel & lock (how unlikely is that) for a good price. Having a new one on the way I decided to try repair the damaged one. The black is not quite the same but I needed to find a way of repairing for the future. How do you guys repair? Mine looks OK but a slightly different color.
[/QUOTE]

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
The black is not quite the same but I needed to find a way of repairing for the future. How do you guys repair?
Mine are pretty scuffed up from daily riding. Now that I have the topcase, am taking mine to get sprayed with bedliner material. Have seen a couple that had that done, looks factory and is indestructible.

Pop the color panels off and have them spray everything but the slide-locks where they go into the bike.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Do the barkbusters go over the original hand guard? I thought the originals came off.
They do. You can remove the originals, or not.
Here you can see the connector to the handlebars, inboard of the grips. Then you can see the end of the barkbuster that goes into the handlebar end, basically with the plastic handguard sandwiched between the handlebars and barkbuster end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine are pretty scuffed up from daily riding. Now that I have the topcase, am taking mine to get sprayed with bedliner material. Have seen a couple that had that done, looks factory and is indestructible.

Pop the color panels off and have them spray everything but the slide-locks where they go into the bike.
Excellent idea. Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
Bought a laptop for my neice.
Booked it for pickup at the Best Buy on the far side of the metro area.
Took surface streets instead of the interstate. :)

4401 - 4420 of 4431 Posts