Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

4341 - 4355 of 4355 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
What did I do with the Ducati today? I sold it. Yes, the Ducati put a smile on my face every time I rode it. But 4 years and 15,000 miles it was time to move on. Turning 70 soon and still have a 30 inseam on a good day so wanted a lower bike. I pick up my 2020 BMW S1000 XR with factory low suspension Tuesday. If Ducati would have offered a low option I might have a new 1260 Multistrada. I do want to thank everyone on this forum for valuable information over the years.
Let us know who you like the BMW S1000XR low option. I may do the same thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Went for an evening ride. It was 102° when we started but was cooler as we rode along the Salt River (AZ).

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,370 Posts
What did I do with the Ducati today? I sold it. Yes, the Ducati put a smile on my face every time I rode it. But 4 years and 15,000 miles it was time to move on. Turning 70 soon and still have a 30 inseam on a good day so wanted a lower bike. I pick up my 2020 BMW S1000 XR with factory low suspension Tuesday. If Ducati would have offered a low option I might have a new 1260 Multistrada. I do want to thank everyone on this forum for valuable information over the years.
Congrats, funny enough sold mine as well. I still have my hyper but I could see myself getting back on a multi... v4 in the future :)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re-installed my wheel chock for the trailer in prep for our trip to Helen, Georgia. 14 days until my date with Wolf Pen Gap, Buck Creek Rd, Richard B, and everything in between.

40666636_339829316757027_7646951690117054464_o.jpg

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,370 Posts
Re-installed my wheel chock for the trailer in prep for our trip to Helen, Georgia. 14 days until my date with Wolf Pen Gap, Buck Creek Rd, Richard B, and everything in between.

View attachment 984790
I need one of these trips

·
Registered
79 Posts
I need one of these trips

Where are you located? I try to get up to N. Georgia 3 - 4 times a year until we can relocate there permanently in a couple of years. It is a great area and surprisingly low traffic every time I've gone. Even on holiday weekends.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Where are you located? I try to get up to N. Georgia 3 - 4 times a year until we can relocate there permanently in a couple of years. It is a great area and surprisingly low traffic every time I've gone. Even on holiday weekends.
Around Helen?? I try to stay away from there since the traffic hasn't been enjoyable when I've been there. But it does thin out when you get away from that city. I have a cabin near Blairsville and have been prowling those roads for about 15 yrs. Excellent rides.

·
Registered
79 Posts
We normally stay in Blairsville or Suches. We've stayed up and down Hwy 60 and around Vogel but the family wanted to be closer to Helen. We are actually staying in a Cabin right on Yonah mountain. Our plan is to relocate full time in 2022 once the oldest is in college but we will be in or around Blairsville for sure.

If you got any less known routes you care to share, let me know. This will be my 9th or 10th trip and I hope I can get up there at least twice this summer.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,370 Posts
Florida native but currently living in wichita kansas. Got a taste of the roads down there while doing a trip to deals gap. Really itching to get down there again sometime this year.

·
Registered
843 Posts
2nd day of level 2 today. Took the BSA and 790 out yesterday, and today meeting mates to do a 4-500km back road ride through the Forgotten Highway. really looking forward to taking the Multistrada on one of my favourite roads, and one of NZs best. With no new Covid cases in 3 days things are looking good here. Fingers crossed theres no hidden cases out there. Stay safe everybody, keep healthy this virus is a nasty killer.

·
Registered
843 Posts
2nd day of level 2 today. Took the BSA and 790 out yesterday, and today meeting mates to do a 4-500km back road ride through the Forgotten Highway. really looking forward to taking the Multistrada on one of my favourite roads, and one of NZs best. With no new Covid cases in 3 days things are looking good here. Fingers crossed theres no hidden cases out there. Stay safe everybody, keep healthy this virus is a nasty killer.
Great day out on the ole Multi, it still halls arse and first one there for the beer.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Sunday I was out on a ride though Rocky Mtn Natl Park. Early so not much traffic. On the last stretch I felt the front following some invisible highway ribs. It got worse over the course of a few miles.
Decided to pull over and check it out.
Wheel bearing(s) SHOT!!
ARGH!!
Just had new shoes put on a couple thousand miles ago. Had to pound the front axle out it was so dry.
Have roughly 19,000 miles. How many miles do most get out of the front wheel bearings?
Well, I'll get the new bearings in and be good for XXX miles/years.
Sure had a great ride though!!!

4341 - 4355 of 4355 Posts