Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

4301 - 4320 of 4422 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Finally replaced my broken rear preload adjuster bracket! Also discovered it's time for new rear rubber.

Thinking about attempting to change the tire myself... Convince me this is a bad idea!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Heading to the mountains next weekend so it may get a few hundred more miles before I get it changed!

Don't! Change them!
Tires are, first and foremost, a safety item on a bike.... if you get some wet roads, or need an emergency brake, you'll miss proper tires.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yep, no plans on tearing it up with cords showing! Ride back and forth to work this week for a few miles but that's about it until the new buns show up. Reminds me... time to head over to Revzilla....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Finally replaced my broken rear preload adjuster bracket! Also discovered it's time for new rear rubber.

Thinking about attempting to change the tire myself... Convince me this is a bad idea!

It’s a good idea to change them now. I like getting every mile I can from tires and the cords are the true wear bars!! Unless you have most of the tire removal tools, don’t. The giant zip tie method is difficult with a worn tire. Just wait until you start mounting that brand new, stiff tire.... oh the profanity!!

·
Registered
253 Posts

Don't do it!

I'm good at a lot of things. I took apart the fuel sensor, rebuilt it, and it works perfect now.

DON'T DO IT!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Don't do it!

I'm good at a lot of things. I took apart the fuel sensor, rebuilt it, and it works perfect now.

DON'T DO IT!
Too late! Yesterday afternoon I got inspired and went for it. Took be about 45 minutes to pop the old one off and slide the new one in. Way easier than I was expecting. The only snag I ran into was I was planning on balancing between two jacks stands using a rod through the wheel but totally spaced on the fact that the center of gravity on the rear wheel is not dead center of the hub! Couldn't figure out a way around it without an actual balance stand that would clamp the tire so ended up running it up to a local shop. $18 and 15 minutes later walked out with a balance tire.

My first Road 5 too, that thing is meaty! Looking to get out tonight and start scrubbing it in!

·
Registered
Multistrada 2013
1 Posts
I'm struggling to reset the KPH back to MPH. I just replaced the battery and the units flipped from US. I held the hi/low and flasher reset button for more than 3 seconds - but no change. Hi/Low can be confusing because its down or in. So I tried both unsuccessfully.
Any advice?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm struggling to reset the KPH back to MPH. I just replaced the battery and the units flipped from US. I held the hi/low and flasher reset button for more than 3 seconds - but no change. Hi/Low can be confusing because its down or in. So I tried both unsuccessfully.
Any advice?
What year bike is this? For DVT's is a simple menu setting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had a local in a pickup try to do that to me in the N. Georgia mountains a couple summers ago. I was passing him on a short stretch up a nice curvy mountain road on a friend's ST2. When I got even with him, he jerked the wheel to the L trying to run me off the road. The pickup came within a couple feet of me. Had he done so, I would have gone off a steep incline and down into some thick woods below. The hell of it was, I looked over and this a-hole had two children in the truck with him, a boy and a girl, that looked to be maybe 5-6 years old. Setting a real good example for his kids... I just gassed it, and gave him the one finger salute over my shoulder. F him and his redneck kids.

It was the first and only time I've ever had trouble like that up there, as most folks are motorcycle friendly around those parts.
We get idiots like that over here in the UK too. On one long trip two up with my wife we were on a short stage of motorway between some nice curvy bands and had a jerk in a Mercedes come off the slip road gunning it ... came across so quick he pushed from lane two into the outside lane and clipped the panniers. I was doing 80 and it felt like a huge bang! Scared the living daylights out of both of us and my wife has been very reluctant to ride since 🤬

·
Registered
119 Posts
Stretched the legs on the Bird on a nice afternoon. reserve light comes on has I'm heading into the small town of Goodhue, MN. Stopped at the one pump Shell station topping her off with some cool V-Power Premium Non-Oxy. $1.41 per gallon, yup $6 to fill the tank.
A good day indeed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Stretched the legs on the Bird on a nice afternoon. reserve light comes on has I'm heading into the small town of Goodhue, MN. Stopped at the one pump Shell station topping her off with some cool V-Power Premium Non-Oxy. $1.41 per gallon, yup $6 to fill the tank.
A good day indeed.
$1.41/gallon? Where is that again?
Here in South FL the V-Power is around $3.29-3.49......

4301 - 4320 of 4422 Posts