Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

4281 - 4294 of 4294 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
My rapid bike evo (plus up/down shift assist) comes Monday... from looking at your pics, I'm not really looking forward to installing it, lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
Take your time, document the steps. I took the gas tank cover off without disconnecting the cap. The cap stayed on the tank, and I disconnected it later. The 1st time I broke one of the cap plastic nipples (breather)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
New owner here. Any suggestion on gearing? Stock is 40/15. What are most of you doing ? I need to change the chain and sprockets so now is the right time to change if desired.

I do about 75% of my riding on twisty mtn roads. Mostly in gears 2-4, some 5th gear.

TIA

Ken

·
Registered
843 Posts
I installed new front rotors rear caliper and rear slave cylinder
I have brakes again. The front was badly pulsating and now amount of cleaning scuffing helped
The rear was non existent

Pleased to report I have brakes that work.
I selected Brembo full floating Supersport rotors instead of the stockers

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
I installed new front rotors rear caliper and rear slave cylinder
I have brakes again. The front was badly pulsating and now amount of cleaning scuffing helped
The rear was non existent

Pleased to report I have brakes that work.
I selected Brembo full floating Supersport rotors instead of the stockers
Look great, pulsating was probably due to warping.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I installed a BMC race filter, bit of a pita but worth the effort, I believe. Also when I removed the original filter, I found some small rocks, slightly bigger than sands, in the filter housing. How's that possible?

Was able to fit the RB under the seat, making a bracket/holder to keep it there. The quick shifter/blipper is velcroed to the gas tank. Fit perfect there.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I just purchased my multi a few days ago and noticed the right saddlebag had some play in it. I looked at the internal mount and saw the interior mount had busted off most likely in a tip over ......I fixed it and now the bag locks up tight .....JB Weld SteelStick is the shit !! I made a piece out of 3 layers of cut DVD case sandwiched around a piece of paint stick and held together with epoxy....epoxy followed by steelstick reinforcement on both sides holds it in the bike. Seems very strong but I have my fingers crossed!!

The piece I made .... yes I'm a Redneck

The factory mount

Redneck fix

I had to do some filing and trimming to get the bag to mount up but it worked. The steel stick is a two part solid epoxy that is like putty and dries hard as Chinese arithmetic. I will paint the whole thing at some point but it's hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Was able to fit the RB under the seat, making a bracket/holder to keep it there. The quick shifter/blipper is velcroed to the gas tank. Fit perfect there.

Heh you just need to make a thread with all your RB install pics, so it will be easier for me to follow when I install mine on Friday (assuming the weather report is accurate and it's 15c as predicted)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Heh you just need to make a thread with all your RB install pics, so it will be easier for me to follow when I install mine on Friday (assuming the weather report is accurate and it's 15c as predicted)
If u really need help, pm me you ph number and I talk u thru some stuff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Since we’re in confinement due to the virus had a lot of time to work on the bike today. Installed:
  • crash bars
  • windshield spacers from iconic uk
  • puig touring windshield
  • front wheel mudguard extensor
  • radiator guard
  • givi universal monokey plate + top case
  • center stand
  • rear axle slider
About 2.5 hours, a few beers and got quite red from the Florida sun...... next is putting on the rear wheel mudguard (like on the 1200) I ordered but has not arrived yet.

Some pictures of the final work.
98C31463-D7FC-4AA9-83AB-EA2FD3E92F1C.jpeg

5A1084CD-0AE7-498F-8313-27AF068B16F2.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take your time, document the steps. I took the gas tank cover off without disconnecting the cap. The cap stayed on the tank, and I disconnected it later. The 1st time I broke one of the cap plastic nipples (breather)

New owner here. Any suggestion on gearing? Stock is 40/15. What are most of you doing ? I need to change the chain and sprockets so now is the right time to change if desired.

I do about 75% of my riding on twisty mtn roads. Mostly in gears 2-4, some 5th gear.

TIA

Ken
HI Ken . I tried 14 front and it worked well , but I would recommend 15-42 as I have on my current 1200S. I can ride in 6th without going 75mph now!

·
Registered
273 Posts
More polishing & got around to swapping out the plugs & changing oil & filter...man the drain plug and filter were way over torqued! Next up time for some new belts as no
Idea how long these were on & they look pretty shagged.
58B1B277-ABA2-4144-8EF8-92CFA02A4B71.jpeg
5483DD4A-5E2D-4772-BA5A-45E079EAEFC4.jpeg
58B1B277-ABA2-4144-8EF8-92CFA02A4B71.jpeg
5483DD4A-5E2D-4772-BA5A-45E079EAEFC4.jpeg
C77AA952-C414-4C52-90D1-783810BF1A3D.jpeg

4281 - 4294 of 4294 Posts