Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

4261 - 4280 of 4294 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Started this month for the first time to learn more about removing panels and other parts to do some basic maintenance myself. Cleaning up my MS in more detail this time of the year which I've not done before besides general washing and cleaning. YouTube videos are very helpful learning more about maintenance and DIY areas. Today, spend three hours cleaning the chain, rear sprocket, brake and hub.
Keep doing this Gerry. Too many riders plod along and complain about early chain wear and countless other things but eventually let on that they neglect their bike. Thanks for reminding me I need to clean/lube my chain even though I've only ridden the bike one time this month. Rust never sleeps and it has been wet here.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
So this happened today:
Akrapovic GP header and GP slip on, as well as a RapidBike evo.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I did install the RapidBike myself. The biggest pain is removing all the bodywork and getting under the gas tank. I have a Shorai battery, so instead of mounting the RB where the instructions said, I had room to stash it under the seat.

Nice,
Did you install rapidbike yourself? How was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
I did install the RapidBike myself. The biggest pain is removing all the bodywork and getting under the gas tank. I have a Shorai battery, so instead of mounting the RB where the instructions said, I had room to stash it under the seat.
Interesting, I'm planning on adding one to my bike in the spring, wish they made the instructions available online so I could study them over the winter, lol.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Interesting, I'm planning on adding one to my bike in the spring, wish they made the instructions available online so I could study them over the winter, lol.
I believe if you email them they will send you the instructions. As far as removing the 1260 fairings, it was almost the same as my old 2015. The RapidBike instructions are pretty good as far as what needs to get connected to what. Then it’s kind of up to you how you route the wires so it keeps everything tidy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have just installed a full akrapovic system but didn’t look into rapidbike. The bike runs as before installation. What difference did you notice with rapidbike if yo don’t mind me asking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have just installed a full akrapovic system but didn’t look into rapidbike. The bike runs as before installation. What difference did you notice with rapidbike if yo don’t mind me asking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It improved the fuelling on my othewise stock Panigale. I still have it and earmarked for the 1260 Multi although it does not need it. A 1200 would however. It depends on the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My search for a windshield for my 2017 1200 S is over. I got a Cal-Sci large, which has greatly reduced buffeting and wind noise for me (5'9", 30" inseam).
I run the Cal-Sci at mid adjustment height in cooler weather. I previously tried a V-Stream, which was great on my FJR, but not good at all on the Multi.
I relied on this site for guidance when searching for a windshield, so I thought I would share.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Did you not have to remove the tank? I tried like hell not too because mine has a screw that just turns (due to minor swelling) but I had to concede.
I'm planning to have a friend help me to lift it, while I slip the cables underneath. If that doesn't work I will remove it. Any advise/suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,355 Posts
I'm planning to have a friend help me to lift it, while I slip the cables underneath. If that doesn't work I will remove it. Any advise/suggestions?

Considering mine is a 12, I'd say you probably have a lot more under that tank than I did. All I know is that the 02 sensors (on the clutch side) and crankshaft sensors were an absolute PITA. I just took the lines off with a town to soak up any left in the line and put it on the side. After that, it took me 10min to finish. Then came throwing everything back lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please tell me, except RB Evo module and cable harness, what else did you have to install...only module and cables or have to install an additional auto adaptive module...sorry for the dumb question.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
I just installed everything that came with the kit. I initially inquired to RapidBike to see if I needed anything additional for the factory DQS, but the factory DQS works fine without any additional hardware from RapidBike. Hope that helps.

Please tell me, except RB Evo module and cable harness, what else did you have to install...only module and cables or have to install an additional auto adaptive module...sorry for the dumb question.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I installed the just released Evotech Tail Tidy for the 15' 16' DVT.
What do you guys think?
It was a bit of work, but the bike is already half apart for the RB install and some carbon install up front.
Still kinda fun..

·
Registered
450 Posts
I installed a BMC race filter, bit of a pita but worth the effort, I believe. Also when I removed the original filter, I found some small rocks, slightly bigger than sands, in the filter housing. How's that possible?

4261 - 4280 of 4294 Posts