Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 4247 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Cessna,
I used to live in Florida too. Down there it could have just been some old fart that couldn't see you:(...but then again it could have just been a red neck:eek:. Was he in a pick up truck? We've got lots of those here in Texas and they love to hog the left lane and dare you to pass:mad:,then race to get back in front. Just goes to show you there are as* H*les in every state!

Florida,land of the driving dead!
It was a redneck in a pickup truck, I'll admit we were riding a little spiritedly. I'm sure he saw us coming up behind him and when we went to pass I could see the smoke pouring out his exhaust as he floored it, then when he saw he couldn't outrun us he swerved into the other lane to block us. I had to hit the brakes to avoid hitting him. My buddy did get around the truck and then he tail gated him getting really close. I backed way off in case he decided to slam on the brakes. After a few miles of this craziness the truck turned onto another street and it was over. I'm just glad it didn't end with someone getting hurt, I still don't know what he was trying to prove.

·
Registered
533 Posts
V nice. Hearing that anyone's getting out is great, it's like Siberia up this way so serious moto withdrawal has set in...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just verified my VIN number is part of the ECU recall to solve the stalling problem. It only happed once to me, but I'll get my ECU remapped anyway.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I fitted a Radiator and Oil Cooler guard

For piece of mind, as some of our roads are littered with loose stones

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
... and had some jackass in a truck try and run us off the road because we passed him. I've never seen anyone with such road rage toward motorcycles. ...:(
Don't you guys have the death penalty for something like that?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I removed the ugly emissions canister and extended & re-routed the fuel overflow line down and out through the side of the bash plate. It looks much cleaner and besides - there's not much riding going on at -6 degrees F. :(

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
I cried over mine because another day has gone by without a chance to ride it!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I starting to get a giant woodrow thinking about riding it in a couple weeks. It's down in San Berdoo waiting for me in the warmth & sun. I'm stuck here in Tahoe working & looking at snow.

Weekend after next, maybe Montezuma's Grade if the weather cooperates.........

:p

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ride

Did a 283 mile group ride today with 4 of my buddies, started out cold in the low 50's and ended in the 60's. Even saw a white MTS at our restaurant stop, anyone at the Blackwater Inn at Astor, FL today?

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
Rode to Acton via Angeles Forest Highway and Aliso Canyon Rd. Had breakfast at the Forty Niner with some of my friends. Pretty waitress staff I might add.

:)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
After finishing cleaning my bike on the weekend, I rode to work in the drizzling rain. The partially wet road covered my sparkling steed in grimy muck.

Oh well, at least I know it's clean under all the crap.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,292 Posts
31 deg F for the high here today. I was able to get the bike out for a 30 minute spin about dusk, just to exercise her some. The heated grips on 'high' (nuclear) helped a lot!

Can't wait for spring....

21 - 40 of 4247 Posts