Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3141 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Had the boys at Factory Pro in San Rafael dyno tune (with my Tuneboy) out the crap fueling issues.
How did they do? I'm about to drop mine off at Commonwealth in Louisville, KY. From what I gather it sounds like mine will be the first. Any words of wisdom that I can pass to the tuner?

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's best if you have loaded up and tested the software on your own laptop. I had to bring mine in because they couldn't get it to work. The more you understand on how to use the software, the better. If they let you work with them a bit, they can focus on tuning instead of charging you to figure out how to make TB work. I had negotiated a flat rate and they had used it before, so went alright (not great).

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's best if you have loaded up and tested the software on your own laptop. I had to bring mine in because they couldn't get it to work. The more you understand on how to use the software, the better. If they let you work with them a bit, they can focus on tuning instead of charging you to figure out how to make TB work. I had negotiated a flat rate and they had used it before, so went alright (not great).
Thanks for the response. I was leaning towards a simple re-flash but the Ed at Commonwealth believe the TB will net better results. I'll make sure to negotiate a flat rate!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've installed the Ducati performance touring windscreen. It looks awasome on the black SF848... in smoke/transparent color. Plus it helps on the highway parts. I've tested it on speeds between 120km - 230km for almost an hour :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only thing I've been able to do with my SF 1098 is make sure that its dust cover is in place in the conservatory since the rain is still pissing down here in the UK. I never ride the SF in the rain, I've got a CBF1000 for that...

·
Registered
284 Posts
All my parts finally arrived! It's been a BUSY week! Now that all the protective gear is installed on the bike, it's time to rack some miles on her getting past the break-in period. I'd like to hit a track event before the end of the year! I LOVE this bike!!

• Removed Front Turn Signal Spacers:
• Removed Reflectors and frame stickers:

• Rizoma Prototype Naked Universal Mirrors (Black):

• EvoTech Fender Elimanator:

• Upper EvoTech Radiator Guard:

• Lower EvoTech Radiator Guard:

• Ducati Rizoma Frame Sliders:

• Ducati Rizoma Front Axle Sliders:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Fluids today:

Changed oil (Motul 300v and Ducati Filter) and bled the front/rear brake reservoirs, as well as the clutch.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Got my rexxer user unit a couple days ago. Flashed the ecu, took about 45 mins. Now with the akrapovic cans, and high flow air filter the bike is running like a champ. Very smooth with no stutter that many seem to have in the 4k rpm range.

Just wanted to thank Matt down at motowheels for keeping on top of it and getting me my rexxer unit. Super easy to use and certainly made a huge improvement to the bike.

·
Registered
252 Posts
• Removed Front Turn Signal Spacers:
• Removed Reflectors and frame stickers:
• Rizoma Prototype Naked Universal Mirrors (Black):
• EvoTech Fender Elimanator:
• Upper EvoTech Radiator Guard:
• Lower EvoTech Radiator Guard:
• Ducati Rizoma Frame Sliders:
• Ducati Rizoma Front Axle Sliders:
• Rizoma Universal Flush Bar Ends/Handlebar Caps:
• Ducati Streetfighter Carbon Fuel Tank Protector:
Unreal. You've modified your red SF848 in exactly the same ways (same brands and models, no omissions and no extras) that I've been hoping to modify my red SF848 (with the possible exception of the mirrors which I will change but I'm unsure which model to buy). It's amazing to be able to see what the bike will look like when I'm done. I think it looks great!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wiped here down then ogled her for a bit. Took her for a nice ride. Returned and wiped her down again and ogled her one more time.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wiped here down then ogled her for a bit. Took her for a nice ride. Returned and wiped her down again and ogled her one more time.
Lol... Same here. I never owned a bike that I have wiped down so much.

Oh, I installed my evo slave and bled it too.

Sent from my...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Lol... Same here. I never owned a bike that I have wiped down so much.

Oh, I installed my evo slave and bled it too.

Sent from my...
I think I use the "wiping down" line as an excuse to ogle her some more. It's such a pretty bike to look at. The rear end is so sexy ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
And how do you like it?
Well, never had an aftermarket slave so I have nothing to compare it to. But the product is nice and complete, install was a cinch (2010 SFS), and while in the garage I couldn't feel the difference once I got out on the road I immediately did. Weird, probably in my head but it is accurately about ~20% in pull.

Also i Don't have any issues finding neutral with it on

Sent from my...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Unreal. You've modified your red SF848 in exactly the same ways (same brands and models, no omissions and no extras) that I've been hoping to modify my red SF848 (with the possible exception of the mirrors which I will change but I'm unsure which model to buy). It's amazing to be able to see what the bike will look like when I'm done. I think it looks great!
Thanks man! It looks INSANE with these new parts! I've got a few other parts I wanna throw at her soon, Termi's being the big one, but I'll probably toss one of those on in the winter. I think a CF front fender would look sweet too.

41 - 60 of 3141 Posts