Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

3161 - 3165 of 3165 Posts

·
1,765 Posts
Thanks for the info! Now the question is would it be possible to re-use the bearings after they are pressed out and removed from the swingarm and how damaging the removal process to the bearings... Would I have to replace the removed bearings with the new ones?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for the info! Now the question is would it be possible to re-use the bearings after they are pressed out and removed from the swingarm and how damaging the removal process to the bearings... Would I have to replace the removed bearings with the new ones?
If it was me I would just do new ones, but I haven't looked up the price, those thin needle type bearings are hard to save, last time I did them on an R1 they didn't come out well, but were only 30 bucks for new.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Took me SFS to Kyle Racing to check suspension. I'm about to be over $600 deep in fork service, rear shock rebuild, and new spring. 🤣😭

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
398 Posts
@Sputniks I like the Cerakote idea. Very familiar with them on guns...but, I have to admit I've never considered it for motorcycle/vehicle application. Keep us updated!

3161 - 3165 of 3165 Posts