Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, please don't pick on my lack of experience... I am excited about buying this 2008 1100S - my first real bike!!!

I could use some help knowing what I bought! Picked this up on the cheap... Real cheap.

First question... When I turn it on, it says "Evo." Does this mean anything has been changed from stock?

Actually, I would very much appreciate if you guys could look at these pics and let me know if you see anything non-stock. What Termi exhaust is this? (Sorry I don't have bigger pics to zoom in)

Photo One

Photo Two

Photo Three

Your help is appreciated! And again, no laughing at the new guy!

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Well I'm new to Hypers myself. Appears to be a base model 1100 EVO. I don't think it's the S though since there are no monoblock calipers. Missing the handguards but that could just have been a matter of taste with the original owner. Termi exhaust, open clutch cover and pressure plate. Looks like some kind of aftermarket or re-padded seat. If it's comfortable then count yourself blessed! Stock seats blow donkey turds.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Looks like a full termi system (no cat) with 2 into 1 , Hand guards on handlebars are removed with aftermarket mirrors, open clutch cover, and a dp performance seat . .....very nice bike !!!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Well I'm new to Hypers myself. Appears to be a base model 1100 EVO. I don't think it's the S though since there are no monoblock calipers. Missing the handguards but that could just have been a matter of taste with the original owner. Termi exhaust, open clutch cover and pressure plate. Looks like some kind of aftermarket or re-padded seat. If it's comfortable then count yourself blessed! Stock seats blow donkey turds.
I didn't think the evo's were available until 2010?

·
Registered
603 Posts
You have a hypermotard on your hands. Though the rear wheel, headlamp, and seat came from a BMW motard. Did you purchase from a salvage yard? From the photo's it looks like they did a phenomenal job on the rebuild. Happy riding.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
7,733 Posts
You have a hypermotard on your hands. Though the rear wheel, headlamp, and seat came from a BMW motard. Did you purchase from a salvage yard? From the photo's it looks like they did a phenomenal job on the rebuild. Happy riding.

*BMW Motard*? :confused: Which model? Those tems look stock Ducati to me. :think:

·
Registered
273 Posts

rear wheel, headlamp, and seat came from a BMW motard WTF are you talking about?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did you pay for an S model, or a base model?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Base 2008 or 2009 1100. Silver forks, no mono-blocks, no rim stripe... And I think the 2010 had some stripes on the fairings... The engine cases may have changed from gold to dark grey, too. Aftermarket mirrors, handlebar, clutch cover, DP seat, Termi...

·
Registered
13 Posts
hyper

looks ok to me handguards missing and no turn signals on front ,,dohe fashers blink fast because of just one set do you get a bad feeling about it being wrong ? looks ok though

·
Registered
530 Posts
Def not a evo if its a 2008. I think your display or something has been replaced. I think you have a mix n match hyper. Prob was crashed or stolen thats why it was cheap.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Check the tabs on the lower portion of the frame where the triple clamps mount, if they are bent it's been down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts