Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What channel is the opening round on? I can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
should be coming on speed Tv. Right??? I havnt seen the listing myself but that should be the place.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh nm, I looked on the MotoGP site and it looked like there was a race this weekend. But I guess that's just the free practice. Too bad that's not on TV.

·
Registered
403 Posts
We can hardly wait to watch the race! Sure wish that ALL the motorcycle roadracing started early to mid-March.

If MotoGP started like the WSB, then its going to be an exciting season.

Dave Harhay

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah Speed will Air MotoGP but not WRC Rally.
They have become a total NASCAR Channel. They might as well change the name from.

Speed VIsion to NASCAR Vission.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1upDuc said:
Yeah Speed will Air MotoGP but not WRC Rally.
They have become a total NASCAR Channel. They might as well change the name from.

Speed VIsion to NASCAR Vission.
I agree. It's like there's a 4-5 hour NASCAR race early in the day on Fox. Then there's another 4-5 hours of post race coverage on Speed. Plus you have NASCAR Nation or whatever it seems every night of the week. Definitely a bit too much coverage. But it's understandable as it's the most popular sport in the US behind the NFL only. So of course that is going to be most of the coverage.

Now they do have some other good programming. Like TWT on Tuesday's is like 3-4 hours of motorcycle related shows. Plus there are all kinds of like classic car shows.

It's too bad there isn't enoug F1 coverage. That's like the NASCAR for Europe.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
grendels_arm said:
Now they do have some other good programming. Like TWT on Tuesday's is like 3-4 hours of motorcycle related shows.

CRAP I TELL YOU...it's crap...back in the day...TWT used to be 3 hours of programming with rebroadcasts and highlights of all the weekends racing...AMA,MotoGP,WSB,IOM-TT,and other great racing on 2 wheels....now it is 22 minutes of short attention span motorcycle miscellaniousness and then 2.5 hours of cruiser crap........good programming...HA...since when do cruisers have anything to do with the idea of "SPEED" or racing?....crap I tell you!....utter crap...like the senseless crap all over MTV...what happened to music and videos?...

·
Registered
208 Posts
zooom said:
CRAP I TELL YOU...it's crap...back in the day...TWT used to be 3 hours of programming with rebroadcasts and highlights of all the weekends racing...AMA,MotoGP,WSB,IOM-TT,and other great racing on 2 wheels....now it is 22 minutes of short attention span motorcycle miscellaniousness and then 2.5 hours of cruiser crap........good programming...HA...since when do cruisers have anything to do with the idea of "SPEED" or racing?....crap I tell you!....utter crap...like the senseless crap all over MTV...what happened to music and videos?...
WELL SAID ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
zooom said:
The reason sportbike shows are not on is because people are not demanding it. SpeedTV puts on what will be watched by the most amount of people so they can charge the most for commercials. All TV stations work this way. So my guess is not enough sport bike enthusiasts are writing, calling, emailing Speed to make their voice heard.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
zooom said:
EXACTLY!

·
Registered
58 Posts
when sport bikes are featured they show the stunt scene and squidlys.
i guess thats why when i pass by kids on the street they always want me to pull a wheelie. i just give them the thumbs down.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
wad said:
when sport bikes are featured they show the stunt scene and squidlys.
i guess thats why when i pass by kids on the street they always want me to pull a wheelie. i just give them the thumbs down.

Wad is right. We should probably count our blessings that there are not show about the life styles of sportbikers. I can see it now...... Lot of tatoos, stripers, speeding , stunts and police chases. That the best case scenario, I know it would be really awful if 2wheel tuesday started talking about what most of us do on the twisty back roads every weekend.

·
Registered
58 Posts
that show with Goldberg was grreat!! with the tl1000s being the fastest motorcycle. no road racing exept for the cool club who ran a muck in california with the titanium plates on their knees so they could make sparks. just what we need. i cant wait for orange county sport bikes!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts