Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Arai Quantuum 2. Last one was a Shoei RF-800. Previous to that was a Simpson Super Bandit. I really liked the Simpson, but I left it in a Transmission shop in the boondocks of Georgia, drove to Michigan, remembered it, and called them, they said they would put it in the mail, but it never came. I think they were blowing smoke up my ass. That was one of my favorite helmets ever, and was almost brand new.

Oh yeah, I've got a Troy Lee dirt bike helmet too that seems OK.

On another forum, I mentioned something about cheap Chinese helmets and the old "$10 head, $10 helmet", Bell Helmets ad from the 70's, and they got downright hostile about it. Apparently, some people will spend $20k on a bike and gripe about spending more than $75 on some head protection.

I watch what people that drive or ride for a living wear, and wear what they wear.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

Shark Fujiwara - red

The shark's don't fit a lot of ppl, but it's been the one helmet that fits me great.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I'll let you guess.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The very first helmet that I ever owned was an Arai...that was way back in Jr. High School. I've been through several helmets since then and all of them have been Arai helmets. Today I ride around in either of two Arai Hayden replica RX7's.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i've always gone with arai race replicas--the solid colors just seem too plain and boring. been looking at replacing it with an agv rossi replica, but just can't swallow the ludicrous '5 continents' design.

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Suomy is my first choice, fit me the about the best. However, after totaling my last Suomy on track about 4 months ago, I am now using a less expensive Shoei RF1000. It is almost as light, good sight lines, fantastic ventilation, easy parts replacement if need be, etc, etc. If money was no object, I would probably go back to the Suomy but at about $300 cheaper and much better ventilation I am giving this one a go.

I can see the posts already, isn't your head worth $300? There isn't an accident that can happen that a Suomy or an Arai will protect you from that a Shoei won't.

Mark (Also, want to try the new Noland helmet, great price and a quality piece of kit)

·
Registered
105 Posts
i've always gone with arai race replicas--the solid colors just seem too plain and boring. been looking at replacing it with an agv rossi replica, but just can't swallow the ludicrous '5 continents' design.
Agreed. Nor do I want a picture of Rossi screaming on my noggin. What happened to the classic black/yellow sun and moon designs I used to love? Anyway, these are my current caps:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Shoei vs. Arai

I have always worn Shoei, this X-Eleven must recently, but I just got this Arai yesterday and really like it!

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
...these are my current caps:

Cool. I have that exact Edwards replica. It's going on 7 years now. I've heard you should replace them after 5 years (according to Arai). It's weird, but the more I look at Rossi's 5 Continents design, the more I'm starting to like it, even though I thought it was hideously ugly at first sight. Though I must say, I've never ever seen even one person on the road wearing a Rossi AGV of any kind.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Only wear Arai

I alternate between an Arai Quantum II and an Arai RX-7 Corsair in Ducati Performance color scheme.
Am interested in a new Arai Corsair V or maybe the 2008 Arai RX-7 Ducati Performance lid. I'm an Arai guy. Fit is wonderful on my head. Shoei doesn't feel as well wearing it, and when comparing them, the Arai to me seems like better quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I switch between my shoei XR1100, nolan jet helm and another nolan helm. When im doing any serious riding i use the shoei. Both nolan helmets are really poor in design quality imo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts