Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Did a few searches but no luck. What cable do I need to charge my GPS (GPS needs 5v 2A) on the MTS1200?

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,211 Posts
Find out what type of connector your GPS uses and find a 12v to USB power converter on ebay. Dirt cheap if you know what to look for.

What GPS model do you have?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
This looks perfect! I may get this one. I did note that the output is 1A at 5V, however the stock Garmin car charger is 2A at 5V - does the lower output result in any dimming of the screen when it's plugged in? Do you notice any adverse effects?!

The Garmin model I have is a 2595 LMT
No sir, on either bike I have them mounted on there is no dimming nor any problems of any kind

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No sir, on either bike I have them mounted on there is no dimming nor any problems of any kind
Great! I ordered one today - will know soon how well it works out! How did you connect the wires from the bike to the powever converter unit? Twist them together, use connectors, solder?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Great! I ordered one today - will know soon how well it works out! How did you connect the wires from the bike to the powever converter unit? Twist them together, use connectors, solder?
It's actually made to be connected to the battery itself but since I've previously installed one of these
3 Circuit
so if I want to add something like the GPS, radar detector, stabel air horn or anything like it, I wouldn't have to clutter the battery posts.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's actually made to be connected to the battery itself but since I've previously installed one of these
3 Circuit
so if I want to add something like the GPS, radar detector, stabel air horn or anything like it, I wouldn't have to clutter the battery posts.
I thought the MTS already has a power lead for a GPS connection located under the left fairing, so there wouldn't be a need to connect anything directly to the battery - correct?

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I thought the MTS already has a power lead for a GPS connection located under the left fairing, so there wouldn't be a need to connect anything directly to the battery - correct?
You stand correct but I already had the 3 circuit installed so for me it was easier do it this way than cutting and spicing the OEM cabling.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
You are indeed correct! Very easy to get to without removing the fairing on the left side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts