Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

For my first post about my recently aquired '95 900SS/SP I have a question. It came with two sets of mufflers; stock and these aftermarket carbon cans. They're in good shape, but were too loud for my taste, so I switched them out. I'll probably trade or sell them as I can not ever foresee wanting them on again, but in order to do so, I need to know what they are. There's no brand name of any sort on them. Do they look familiar to anyone?

Thank you,

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
those look like Gio.Ca.Moto slips.
aka Ducati Performance.
How much do you want to sell them for?

·
Flying Brit
1,809 Posts
Yep GiaCaMoto
the nice thing about this system is that the mid pipe can be replaced to make it either a low or high pipe

·
Registered
278 Posts
those look like Gio.Ca.Moto slips.
aka Ducati Performance.
How much do you want to sell them for?
I am not aware that Gio.Ca.Moto ever used the full external rivited mounting that I see here nor the double banded mounting strap. The Gio.Ca.Moto DP cans that were aftermarket on my 1995 SP were riveted internal body with a single solid mounting strap. There are those like DUCATIERV that know more though. Gio.Ca.Moto made a lot of these in many configurations. Too loud?

I can assure you that you will have no problems selling them. If I were not so happy with my Termis I would bite at any price. Nice Pipes, as they say. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
i'd be interested in them presuming they are high mounts which they look to be.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thank you everyone! It sounds like regardless of which specific cans they are, I 'll have to do some research to find something appealing, but reasonably quiet. I have a Laser system on my old VFR700 I like a lot, but they don't do anything for Ducatis. Any suggestions?

Rick

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
well you could core a stock set, and you can also repack most brands with more insulation to lesson the noise.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Carbon Tech

I think those are Carbon Tech cans.

They are loud. Mine are!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts