Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Bike did you have before your SF, Ducati or other? A Hypermotard, Monster 998, 999 1098, be interested to hear what you traded in for the SF

·
Registered
2 Posts
MV Agusta F4 312r it was at the same time the best and worst motorcycle I've ever owned. I'm really happy with the SF glad I made the change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2007 MV Brutale 910R
Fueling was much worse with the Brutale. Although I have Termignonis with new ECU.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
'05 buell xb12s, total hoot to ride but not half the bike the SF is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hypermotard S and 848 (1098S before that), I love the SFS brings the best bits of the others together for me. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
1098R, Desmo, ZX14, Ultra Classic, and a '74 Water Buffalo :D.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I still have my 2003 ZRX 1200 with 32,000 miles and still love it. Although my SFS does not experience the low rpm problems that others suffer, my Rex is smoother and a better all around bike. Don't get me wrong, I love the SF, but it is not possible for me to ride the bike anywhere near the speed limit. Yesterday, I hit 4th gear at about 6,000rpms and the throttle was WFO. When it got to 8 thou the front wheel came right up off the ground. Surprised the heck out of me, eased off the throttle and she came right down, nice and easy. I was all smiles :)

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,232 Posts
I did the "leap frog", had an 06 ST3s DP ecu, bought a 06 S2R1k 3months after that, found the S2R more comfortable and the founding posters here did that mind control thing, I had to trade the ST3 in on the F1098. 3,000 miles later, not one regret.

davekip, you have it right. The StreetFighter seems to fit the hybrid mold that fills the thrills of the Hyper, while also answering the desire for a full on super bike.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
'98 Honda VTR1000F (SuperHawk)...poor man's Ducati...and 10 other assorted Japanese bikes before that...

·
Registered
465 Posts
What Bike did you have before your SF, Ducati or other? A Hypermotard, Monster 998, 999 1098, be interested to hear what you traded in for the SF
Triumph Street Triple R/Aprilia RSVR Bol'Dor Edition.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Honda CBR1000RR. I loved this bike. Just too painful to ride in this extreme sporting position. Only wish I was younger. Really curious what I would do if they imported the euro only CB1000.:think:

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
426 Posts
My old bike, 2006 Yamaha R6

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
1098S which I now miss. It has zero issues under 4,000rpm. My SF is a handfull under 4,000rpm where my 1098S purred like a kitten. This totally sucks since I can't even relax on this SF at low rpm and when I ride on the street I want to relax especially if I'm at low rpm!!!! :(

·
Registered
179 Posts
1st bike in a few years...last one was an 02 Aprilia RSVR that I converted over to something like a tuono. Sold that bike to start a buisness as few years ago. Saw the new SFS in an ad, and said about time Ducati built a nakid worth considering. Before that spent 11 years racing every 600-1000cc inline/twin that was cutting edge competitive.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts