Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

121 - 140 of 163 Posts

·
Smut peddler
1,003 Posts
That’s the one, right there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Meh, looks like something Jay Leno would show up to the Rock Store on a Saturday, in too tight brand new track leathers, and two of his guys would hold the bike while he gets off of it.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
As much as I love the 999 I have to admit it can be brutal to ride. The reach to the bars punishes older, shorter people. And with the steering head in the as delivered position it steers like a truck. Move it to the steeper position and it steers more like a normal bike but that moves the bars an additional 1.5” forward turning brutal ergos into just plain painful. Just sitting on the bike you have no idea how the exhaust literally fries the inside of your legs in the summer.

But I still enjoy taking it out once a year for about 30 minutes and then parking it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Ugh........Suter........just think, when the worlds on fire and people have really lost their minds, cops ain't gonna stop you from riding it on the street's................

Ring a fookin ding ding!

Reactions: Rex Coil 7

·
Premium Member
3,809 Posts
Still lusting after the SFv4s... but watched a Kawi Z-H2 dyno pull on youtube and... yea - impressive, and <$18k

·
Registered
415 Posts
I know. I’ll have to get a peg lowering kit (Vario-peg or similar), and possibly raise the total ride height a touch for proper ground clearance.

But I have ridden Dan’s previous S4Rs several times with my only complaint being a splayed out right heel from the infringing exhaust pipes.

For a play bike I don’t intend to do long distance I’m willing to figure out a compromise that’ll work for me.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,102 Posts
Dis one: ‘04 S4R in blue/white. To replace the loss of my gorgeous ST4s. In need a single sided swing arm naked roadster in my life now!

In my eyes, the most beautiful Monster ever (in that exact color combination).

·
Old Fast Guy
473 Posts
I suppose I'm getting old. I haven't lusted after any (newer or older) bike since I bought my 2011 1198SP (The Big Dog)and 2012 Hypermotard SP (The Hooligan) new. They both are/were the pinnacle of their respective category at the time I bought them and nothing else has surpassed either of them in my heart, so...

The CBR was a new/unsold bike that my dealer friend really wanted to sell to get it out of the store, so I bought it in 2018 for CHEAP. It's an enigma.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
the 2020 v2 Pani with some choice mods ( BST Rapid Teks, full Akro, Ohlins rear, m50 calipers to start ) would make me a very happy man indeed!
I know this is a what are we lusting for question, but the v4 Pani's are now so powerful that I don't even dream about owning them..., on the street I could
2020-ducati-panigale-v2-first-look-review-16.jpg
use so little of their potential as to be ridiculous, and on the track they would just scare the living daylights out of me. I would have far more fun all around on the v2. Plus, I'm a twin guy at heart !

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
But to be perfectly honest, and boring as this may sound, I don't lust for anything out there as much as I lust after what I already have! It's pretty nice to be content with what you've got!
I just want to get the engine buttoned up and ride the damn thing once and for all. She's been a many years long project and I'm pretty tired of the building, I want to get to the riding and enjoying!
IMG_0832.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
I suppose if I'm going to lust for something it might as well be unobtainium.

Reactions: SO FUN
121 - 140 of 163 Posts