Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Back in the seventies the two stroke ruled the roost, I paid 300 GBP for a used H1A. It would try to kill me most days, it was a lot of power for a 19yo kid with no fear. It would hole the middle piston on occasion which made me sell it on eventually. I always look to buy another but these days good ones sell excess of 10,000 GBP. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If I could have any bike, it would be this one.
I have a H1-B in my garage that I'm going to rebuild soon. Found it behind a barn half covered with an old tarp and I offered $350 for it and they accepted.

·
Administrator
12,030 Posts
I have been lusting for a 1980 Laverda Jota for a long time
I love the sound and it is a stunning piece of motorcycle art in my opinion
Like this one Ian?

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Like this one Ian?
The first shop I ever worked at, the owner had an '81 or '82 1200 Laverda for his daily ride.
I loved riding it, because it was like a KZ1000, only with real brakes and suspension on it. ❤

·
Bon Vivant
10,492 Posts
Is that a Z1? It's absolutely stunning...
That is my 2018 Z900RS. It was designed to replicate the original 1973 Z1 and that's why I fell in love with it. With a tune and Akro header its putting out about 120 HP at the wheel. From the showroom floor the throttle feel was complete crap but now nearly 2 years on one of the tuners has a flash that makes it bearable (but not wonderful). Built to a price point the brakes and suspension aren't great but better than the modern CB1100 I had a few years ago.The bike is really easy to ride, its the most nimble and easily maneuverable bike I currently own and its just dang fun. Plus the finishes are really beautiful. Despite the crap throttle I think Kaw hit this one out of the park .

I've done a few minor mods: led euro signals, bar-end mirrors, polished stainless Akropovich header, Vintage tank badge, and an ECU flash

·
Mexican Ducatista
950 Posts
I will never understand what compels some of you guys ride thru the winter...
I;m not talking about that evil white stuff, LMAO. We don;'t get that. I am talking about temps in the low 50's F. :ROFLMAO:
Winter riding in Mexico.
Picture taken last week with 68 F.
My hyper is 2nd from right to left.

IMG_0772.jpg

Lusting for a Bimota Brivido

·
Premium Member
4,990 Posts
That is my 2018 Z900RS. It was designed to replicate the original 1973 Z1 and that's why I fell in love with it. With a tune and Akro header its putting out about 120 HP at the wheel. From the showroom floor the throttle feel was complete crap but now nearly 2 years on one of the tuners has a flash that makes it bearable (but not wonderful). Built to a price point the brakes and suspension aren't great but better than the modern CB1100 I had a few years ago.The bike is really easy to ride, its the most nimble and easily maneuverable bike I currently own and its just dang fun. Plus the finishes are really beautiful. Despite the crap throttle I think Kaw hit this one out of the park . View attachment 979485

I've done a few minor mods: led euro signals, bar-end mirrors, polished stainless Akropovich header, Vintage tank badge, and an ECU flash
Wow... that paint scheme is almost identical to the original Z1. Gorgeous.

·
Registered
371 Posts
2020 v4s or maybe a V4R.

Ive had my 2012 1199s for about 3 years and for some reason its just never fit me well. I loved my 1098s, but this 1199s is just an odd bike on and off the track..

·
Registered
996 Posts
If price were no object the D16RR would be at the top of a lot of lists IMO. Certainly near the top of mine.

You can often tell when someone started riding by what general era of bikes they want. I started riding on the street in 1993 (GS1100EZ, big ol' motor and wheels). So new bikes of the time like the Tesi 1D, GTS1000, r/w/b CBR900RR, Bimota SB6, '98 R1...all of those are still very appealing to me. Newer riders probably think these things are old piles compared to 200 hp BMWs or Ninjas.

These days I also find myself looking farther back before I started riding for bikes that are interesting. Honda CBX constantly pops into my head as an interesting engineering cul-de-sac Honda went down for that model. They may have already gotten too expensive though.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I was in Las Vegas last week for the Mecum and Bonhams auctions and bid on a half dozen or so bikes. The bikes I would have really loved to have come away with were a pristine TZR250SPR, a DB1SR and a KZ1000R. Unfortunately I was too cheap to pony up or put positively I was too controlled to let my competitive reflex cause me to pay large market premiums for the bikes. In the back of my mind at the auction was the deposit I put on a rumored bike over a year ago, the Honda CBR1000RR-R SP.

I've got my fingers crossed, but I don't think it is going to happen. Purportedly only 50 are coming to the U.S. this year. My dealer is not on the allocation list for the bike and with 1200 dealers in the U.S., it is going to take some real luck to get one of these this year.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
I was in Las Vegas last week for the Mecum and Bonhams auctions and bid on a half dozen or so bikes. The bikes I would have really loved to have come away with were a pristine TZR250SPR, a DB1SR and a KZ1000R. Unfortunately I was too cheap to pony up or put positively I was too controlled to let my competitive reflex cause me to pay large market premiums for the bikes. In the back of my mind at the auction was the deposit I put on a rumored bike over a year ago, the Honda CBR1000RR-R SP.

I've got my fingers crossed, but I don't think it is going to happen. Purportedly only 50 are coming to the U.S. this year. My dealer is not on the allocation list for the bike and with 1200 dealers in the U.S., it is going to take some real luck to get one of these this year.
I was there, too. I also made some bids but came up short on what I wanted to buy.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts