Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
741 - 755 of 755 Posts

·
Bon Vivant
11,720 Posts
Than wiki is horribly wrong :p
Actually I've seen that the Hurricane is noted as an 87 model release in several places - not sure why that is but I bought a new 86 600 pearl white with red stripes in 86, . I remember very clearly that I could only get a white 600 in 86 but the bike was also available in black and as a 600 or 1000 in 87. I remember all of this very clearly because I wanted a black one and couldnt get it unless I waited. The reports are wrong, I know what I had.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
So you got yours before Doug Polen did for the Daytona race, the first race of the new 600cc SuperSports class in AMA? When they showed up at the track with the first models in the US in March 1987 they talked the tech inspection guys out of tearing it down because they had no gasket spares - the bike was too new.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve honestly regretted selling every bike I’ve ever owned. Haha.
but the 2 I’d love to have back is a 1996 Triumph Trophy 1200. It sounded like a sewing machine, and cruised beautifully - I could stay on that bike for hours.
My 1997 GSXR 750 SRAD was a blast to ride.

and the one I’m truly lusting for is a 2002 Titanium Grey 748s. I’ve wanted one ever since they came out. Used to stare at, for what seemed like hours, when it was at the dealership.

..one day I’ll have one.

Jonathan

·
Registered
416 Posts
I’ve honestly regretted selling every bike I’ve ever owned. Haha.
but the 2 I’d love to have back is a 1996 Triumph Trophy 1200. It sounded like a sewing machine, and cruised beautifully - I could stay on that bike for hours.
My 1997 GSXR 750 SRAD was a blast to ride.
I only regret selling 1 bike of the 25-30 or so I've own - and it's on my lust list. My old '84 RZ350.

Made more special with the rare one piece tail cowl and red wheels. Nicely fitted with performance parts. Owned it up to about 88, where it was always a pleasure to line up against 600 Hurricanes and Ninjas and leave them in a screaming cloud of blue smoke.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I only regret selling 1 bike of the 25-30 or so I've own - and it's on my lust list. My old '84 RZ350.
View attachment 1015162
Made more special with the rare one piece tail cowl and red wheels. Nicely fitted with performance parts. Owned it up to about 88, where it was always a pleasure to line up against 600 Hurricanes and Ninjas and leave them in a screaming cloud of blue smoke.
Any plans to get another one???
i think we should both make an effort to get our”lust” bikes by the end of the year! 😎😎💪🏻💪🏻

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,742 Posts
I sold mine 47 years ago, finally found a frame and motor as a base and built it the best I could with modern parts.
Had to make most of it by hand but worth the effort
Brought a lump to me throat and a tear to either eye when I first rode it :)

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I sold mine 47 years ago, finally found a frame and motor as a base and built it the best I could with modern parts.
Had to make most of it by hand but worth the effort
Brought a lump to me throat and a tear to either eye when I first rode it :)
i like your build better than the original. esp the tank. well done!

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,742 Posts
The tank came from Garry Edwards @ Glass from the Past and was taken from the mold lifted directly from Gary Nixons '67 Daytona winning bike.
The rest, mudguards, seat, oil tank I made myself in carbon.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Tonight, I'm really lusting for this..
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Where a v4 Pani is realistically just a little too crazy for me, a v4 SF is a little too upright for me, a 950 SuperSport is a little too 950 for me ( ie slow, why not 1100?! ) a v2 Pani is a little too vtwin for me since I already have one, this feels like the perfect sporty every day road bike for me. I really like it! Other than the price and smallish tank ( 16 l ). But hey, right now we're just lusting!

·
Bon Vivant
11,720 Posts
It is a shame that Motus couldn't stay in business.
The engine sound recordings I listened to were awesome.

I wished they kept selling their engines to populate the "custom bike scene" with bikes like this one:

You can probably still get one, the guy who bought all of the inventory and is supporting the existing bikes just set two new land speed records at Bonneville

741 - 755 of 755 Posts