Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
721 - 740 of 755 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The bike i've been lusting since it's presentation.
The MV Agusta F4 750 Serie Oro

View attachment 1012889
I had a 2001 MV 750 F4, Mine was a Neiman Marcus Edition--Sexiest Motorcycle ever built but the most uncomfortable pile of shit I ever rode lol--The only reason I sold it was someone offered the amount it sold for new in 2001---I could not say no, I would have never ridden it again.

·
Registered
Ducati ST4 1999
21 Posts
I had a 2001 MV 750 F4, Mine was a Neiman Marcus Edition--Sexiest Motorcycle ever built but the most uncomfortable pile of shit I ever rode lol--The only reason I sold it was someone offered the amount it sold for new in 2001---I could not say no, I would have never ridden it again.
Yeah i can imagine.
It's what kept me from buying the 916. I just know i wouldn't feel great after riding it. Already have a back and knee injury (Born with spina bifida and wrecked my right leg in an accident where my lower leg was no longer connected to my upper in the way it should :p )

·
Registered
Ducati ST4 1999
21 Posts
Perhaps, but has it aged well? I'd suggest it's VERY late eighties in it's styling cues
It did not age well..
But i still like to see them.

Reactions: vanduc996

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I had for many fun years the Honda Hurricane mentioned as the inspiration for the Paso, I always thought it was the other way around.

·
Registered
Ducati ST4 1999
21 Posts
I had for many fun years the Honda Hurricane mentioned as the inspiration for the Paso, I always thought it was the other way around.
Paso came out in 86, The CBR in 87.

·
Registered
‘05 749R, ‘89 851/926, 749R/999RS project
540 Posts

Awwww man, thanks for that! Have to admit it, I’ve never been a fan of them....but look at them a little differently now. I’ve never been close enough to notice the NACA detail on the “screen”, cool mirrors, decent brakes etc.

Some real typical 80’s stuff if you’re old enough to remember, like cars of the late 50’s early 60’s with their fins, the strakes of the Ferrari Testarossa found their way onto all manner of vehicles.

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R
582 Posts
Are you trying to get me divorced?! I’m desperately trying to unsee those beautiful bikes...if they ever sell it in kit form my credit card is fucked.....and so is my marriage.
They are absolutely amazing! A kit like that would be very hard to resist, wife or no wife. 🤣

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
When I bought my 88 Honda Hurricane 1000 in 1991 I had been planning for a couple of weeks to buy the RC30 at the same dealer (@200 racetrack only miles), financing only $3,000 of the price when the sales manager heard I was going to hop on it the next day and ride to Arizona he took me in the back warehouse to show me a Honda that they had finally got a clear title for. The original owner robbed a couple of banks, bought the Hurricane with cash and rode it home only to have the cops arrest him and impound the bike. Two years later it was returned to the dealer with 32 miles on it. I knew at first sight that I loved the bike and that it was going to be a lot better bike to take on a near 2,000 mile road trip. So I left with a lot of extra cash in my pocket, saddlebags and a new rainsuit with the first dealer service already arranged for me in St. Louis, 650 miles away in a few days.

Often wondered how dead I would be if I got that RC30 instead,.... The Hurricane had incredible power not to be messed with but nowhere near as crazy as the RC30.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
OK, lust would be too strong a word for this bike, but sometimes I want/need - same thing, right? - one o' these new-gen KLRs to have longer pavement legs than my DRZ400 trail pig. The cases are about lunchbox size, and the aux lights look to be pinatas for the first ride, but, hey, could be a good starting point for a midsize ADV.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
When I bought my 88 Honda Hurricane 1000 in 1991 I had been planning for a couple of weeks to buy the RC30 at the same dealer (@200 racetrack only miles), financing only $3,000 of the price when the sales manager heard I was going to hop on it the next day and ride to Arizona he took me in the back warehouse to show me a Honda that they had finally got a clear title for. The original owner robbed a couple of banks, bought the Hurricane with cash and rode it home only to have the cops arrest him and impound the bike. Two years later it was returned to the dealer with 32 miles on it. I knew at first sight that I loved the bike and that it was going to be a lot better bike to take on a near 2,000 mile road trip. So I left with a lot of extra cash in my pocket, saddlebags and a new rainsuit with the first dealer service already arranged for me in St. Louis, 650 miles away in a few days.

View attachment 1014903

Often wondered how dead I would be if I got that RC30 instead,.... The Hurricane had incredible power not to be messed with but nowhere near as crazy as the RC30.

Jesus Rock! All i can say to that, is my condolences..
Fortunately, you don't come across as the regretful type

·
Registered
207 Posts
OK, lust would be too strong a word for this bike, but sometimes I want/need - same thing, right? - one o' these new-gen KLRs to have longer pavement legs than my DRZ400 trail pig. The cases are about lunchbox size, and the aux lights look to be pinatas for the first ride, but, hey, could be a good starting point for a midsize ADV.

Um, have you looked at how much they weigh now?? If you want a KLR, get a first gen, 2007 or earlier. Or put a better seat and a bigger tank on the DRZ (which is what I did) and be happy. :)

Reactions: bbradsby

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Um, have you looked at how much they weigh now?? If you want a KLR, get a first gen, 2007 or earlier. Or put a better seat and a bigger tank on the DRZ (which is what I did) and be happy. :)
The DRZed is great for shorter putts on pavement, but gets pretty buzzy at highway speeds that an ADV would have to manage for bigger adv trips IMHO. Otherwise, the bike is a perfect dual-sport.. reliable as dirt, not fragile like the Teutonic bleeding edge plated dirtbikes that hold about a thimbleful of oil to save precious ounces.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The DRZed is great for shorter putts on pavement, but gets pretty buzzy at highway speeds that an ADV would have to manage for bigger adv trips IMHO. Otherwise, the bike is a perfect dual-sport.. reliable as dirt, not fragile like the Teutonic bleeding edge plated dirtbikes that hold about a thimbleful of oil to save precious ounces.
Yeah, agree on the buzziness, but it's tolerable as long as you keep it to 65mph or so. Rode mine down to Copper Canyon a few years back, (well, from Presidio to Creel as the highway run) and it was ok on the highway. For all the exploring in the area it was great.
A lot depends on your time constraints and how many miles you need to put in. For up to around 400miles/day I find the DRZ usable, if I need much more than that on a trip then I take the Strom and sacrifice the more rugged dirt stuff.

Reactions: bbradsby
721 - 740 of 755 Posts