Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
701 - 720 of 755 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
This motorcycle was built in 1958 by BMW & Given to their old factory racer Walter Zeller--It is a 600cc Kompressor, this was built for him as a street motorcycle, yet it had no starter--no kick starter--roll start only. It also ran a magneto fired electrical system. This is a Factory 1 off item --There was never another built---

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
It's a rather interesting motorcycle, It uses the RS54 chassis with a telescopic set of forks,(RS54 had Earles forks from the factory) --RS54 tank, body work & wheels. PreWar Kompressor engine. It is said that this combination was what Walter Zeller said would be the perfect racing motorcycle for the day.. At some point Walter had retired & needed money badly, He sold this unique piece for a good bit -I cant remember how much---BMW heard that he had sold this motorcycle & were ballistic--They told him he had no right to sell it --It belonged to BMW--He said you gave me the motorcycle with no strings attached & I had all of the ownership papers--I needed money and this is all I had to sell. ---BMW basically disowned Walter Zeller at that time--which is a crime because he gave BMW multiple world championships ----I knew Walter in his later years--He was a very nice gentleman.

Reactions: Dukerdr

·
Registered
Ducati ST4 1999
21 Posts
The bike i've been lusting since it's presentation.
The MV Agusta F4 750 Serie Oro

·
Registered
138 Posts
These were the ducks nuts when I was a young fella.
More in my price range.
Contemplating a complete goer in a box for 2k.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,320 Posts
These were the ducks nuts when I was a young fella.
More in my price range.
Contemplating a complete goer in a box for 2k.
View attachment 1014322
So, we are taking the vintage dirt bike direction now?

When I was 10 years old, this was the coolest looking dirt bike I had ever seen:

701 - 720 of 755 Posts