Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

661 - 678 of 678 Posts

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,253 Posts
Goddamn that’s purty! It lloks roadworthy but why would you? A day trying to stop yourself “comfort grabbing” the front brake at a track day would be a subtle simple pleasure.

I am still amazed about the way these guys transform a not-so-appealing Ducati model into such an eye-catching bike.

Before:

After:

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,384 Posts
I can do that too.
Just throw away all the bits not needed and wipe the rest over with an oily rag :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
... pfft ... you dickheads are nothin ... swingin yer dicks around ... talkin big shit about yer badassery ... building actual real life motorcycles ... requiring actual skill and decades to gain your experience and hone your craftsmanship and such ..

well .. oh yea? ... look what I can do! ... I can take a picture from the nasty old internet and lovingly place it within this post!! .. behold the beauty .. ~gasp~ ... Oh yea buddy ... you better believe it .. I did this whole thing by my DAMN self!! ... didn't even need help

:)

Embrace the beautimus ... breathe in the excellence ...

·
8,384 Posts
Time for a reality check Rex
I build all my bikes myself.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'm not much on naked SSs since they usually look like ass in a basket ... unfinished and messy, lines don't work. This one is a bit different, they seem to have made it come together pretty nicely. Fuel injected air cooled big gun hangin in that frame. Swingarm is neat, no idea what it was taken off of though. Those look like carbon brakes ... bit much for a street bike, no?

Monster Mash ..... some Monsters just really catch my attention. Looks like an early 1980s AMA Superbike at this angle ... well, a little bit. I've always liked that particular rear suspension design ... the hoop/rocker setup .. man that footpeg and shifter tip are pretty small. Like the handlebars .. nice ~everything~ (pullback, width, droop, etc..). Whole bike = big ass bucket o' yummy!

Uh huh ... ;)

... whatever it takes to remind you you're alive!!

..supbitches .... ;)

·
Registered
2001 S4, 2000 750ie Sport
633 Posts
I'm not much on naked SSs since they usually look like ass in a basket ... unfinished and messy, lines don't work. This one is a bit different, they seem to have made it come together pretty nicely. Fuel injected air cooled big gun hangin in that frame. Swingarm is neat, no idea what it was taken off of though. Those look like carbon brakes ... bit much for a street bike, no?
Everyone notices the bolt on bits.
I like what they've done to the frames in the 1st and 4th pics.
Last pic is my favourite.
You can see a few changes but there's probably more that can't really be seen, or not.
Simple, but nice and tidy.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,352 Posts
Think Rex needs a more calming hobby like I don't know maybe bocce or checkers or something because he lusts after way too many bikes. ;)

That said the Dymoke Ducati TT2 bike above is particularly lust worthy. (y)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Time for a reality check Rex
I build all my bikes myself.
Time for a sense of humor check Davy ... I write all my jokes myself. :)

(I was just playing around)

EDIT: Just to be absolutely crystal clear here, I was obviously mocking myself by bringing to light the fact that you guys are building real motorcycles while I have done nothing but post pictures of them .... so is this clear now? It was self mockery ... read it again, get into the proper frame of mind when you do .. I was clearly mocking myself there ... I don't know how many times I have to explain myself.

Ta ta .... :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Think Rex needs a more calming hobby like I don't know maybe bocce or checkers or something because he lusts after way too many bikes. ;)

That said the Dymoke Ducati TT2 bike above is particularly lust worthy. (y)
I already have too many hobbies .... I'm just one of those fellas that was born with The Rockin' Bone.

Another of my hobbies ... custom built modular synthesizers .. ground-up design ...all hand built

I'm just finally feeling better. I've been sick as hell for nearly a year and a half. It feels good to begin feel healthy again ... so a happier Rex all round. I've lots to be grateful for, y'know? I mean, sue me ... I'm in a good mood for once! Haahaa!

·
8,384 Posts
Just ease back into it Rex...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
... I have been over the past 3 weeks. So post less, and shorter posts, with fewer pictures. Gotchya.

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R, 06 999.
470 Posts
Fwiw, I believe this is the $100K+ SS that Chris Boy built for a Cafe Racer tv show. If I recall, he threw every imaginable NCR part possible at it. Really cool build IMHO.

View attachment 1009894 View attachment 1009895 View attachment 1009896 View attachment 1009897

View attachment 1009898 View attachment 1009899
Don't really get the hype for NCR. From what I've seen they're really overpriced and often nothing special really. They have some nice parts, don't get me wrong, but there's so many better and cheaper alternatives most of the time.

661 - 678 of 678 Posts