Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

641 - 660 of 678 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,969 Posts
I'm hoping the new Hyper SP sparks some excitement, if not I may have to accept that I'm becoming an occasional rider which I never thought would happen and don't want to happen because, like skateboarding, it's more dangerous the less often you do it. But for today it's got me feeling a bit lusty.
:)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'm hoping the new Hyper SP sparks some excitement, if not I may have to accept that I'm becoming an occasional rider which I never thought would happen and don't want to happen because, like skateboarding, it's more dangerous the less often you do it. But for today it's got me feeling a bit lusty.
... but for the ~poly fuel tanks~ on this model I'd probably sell my CR and jump on one of these with both feet. Y'know, the older air cooled model .... yumms ...

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,384 Posts
Air cooled and simple (when you say it all fast.)
400 cases, 650 crank, 800 barrels, pistons and heads, Dell Orto carbie's, Pazon electronic ignition.
Around 750cc ultra short stroke (no flywheel)
Monster front end, custom exhaust.
Light and fast.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Air cooled and simple (when you say it all fast.)
400 cases, 650 crank, 800 barrels, pistons and heads, Dell Orto carbie's, Pazon electronic ignition.
Around 750cc ultra short stroke (no flywheel)
Monster front end, custom exhaust.
Light and fast.

View attachment 1008808
... hold up ... I have this picture in one of my image collections ... if I recall that bike was built by someone in Australia or New Zealand, wasn't it? I may have even posted this picture already ... bad ass bike!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely one of my very favorites. **Simple as a dirt bike and 4x as fast.

A nice finishing touch might be lighter wheelsets ... nothing big-bucks but enough to really make it more flickable ... the bike demands it! Them old ass Monster/SS wheels are the bottom of the lot within the Ducati line .... at least that's what the brain trust around here has said.

**although ... some of those 450cc MX bikes converted over to either flat trackers or road racers are doing better than one would think ... they're hitting over 120mph on the dirt mile! They don't weight shit (<250 pounds wet all decked out for road racing?).

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,384 Posts
That bike belongs to my riding mate Danny
He built it out of his "parts bin"
I took that picture myself in my backyard.
Have a look here and you can see it in the background beside the Hondr at the pub last weekend.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Monster Mash ......

... pretty sorta sick right there ... S4R, yea? I'd ride that. Oh yes, I'd ride it alright ... ride the unholy piss out of it .... whut's my name bitch!! SAY IT!!

(below) .. man, some of the Monster line cleans up well 'round back when QD Exbox exhaust is used ... that type of exhaust (underbelly) only makes sense to me on a bike with a single sided swingarm. I figure the original intent (?) of the single sider was to provide super fast rear wheel changes at endurance races .. no futzing with the rear brake or the chain when removing the rear wheel ... really nicely engineered system filling a real need at the time ... that said it makes no sense to me to use an exhaust system that you must remove prior to removing the rear wheel. Not like I'll be racing endurance events any time soon (ever) ... :)

The flat/matte paint along with the stainless steel shrouds and stainless Exbox it really looks nice. The thing I like about the Monster (overall) is you can always go down with it .. meaning you can always go with lower handlebars and higher footpegs. With something such as the SS/CR you can't really go ~up~ into a more upright seating position very well. The Monster starts you out sitting more upright, but if you want you "can always go down" ... to a degree of course (tank clearance at steering lock and such to think about).

.. nice .. clean, looks light weight, simple, nothing but all that's practically needed for a person that only owns one motorcycle ... I'm having a hard time finding something I don't like here ...

My wife has this one as her desktop wallpaper ... are those dual plug heads?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
... first street legal motorcycle (actual street bike) I ever rode .... I was on leave staying with my dad in Santa Clara .. summer 1981 .. my cousin had one of those .. same color, same year, but he added DG pipes. He threw the keys at me one day and let me ride it alone for the entire day. Damn ... what a memory ... neat.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Walt Siegl custom 900SS .... alllllll of that time and effort put into that beautiful hot rod and it still has those shitty 3 spoke Monster/SS wheels ... oh well, easily upgraded. It just seems like a swing and a miss on such a bitchin bike. Nevertheless I'd ride it!

Black front wheel with black front fender flicks my thrillswitch a bit. Really really like the silver forks ... that copper-colored sleeve? .. wonder what's going on there?

How much work (I wonder) is it to remove that faded shtty looking ~gold ish~ anodizing on the non-adjustable CR fork without reducing the OD too far (if they were chucked up in a lathe and lightly "sanded" at speed with 480grit or higher .. for example). Probably better to spend half a year putting together some other fork set with better components on the bench, silver bodies of course ... :).

Stock footpeg mounts (what? .. no high-bucks rear sets?) in natural aluminum ... really like that, I'll be adopting that. In fact I'm likin' the whole back end of this machine .. from the swingarm pivot back.

More positively, I really like the black on those 3 spokers ... the wheel, black swingin arm, shiney rotor (with blacked out center), and shiney pipe look nice together. I even like the rear hugger ... it nearly disappears in there.

I like the matte black belt covers too. Classy. They seem to be ever so slightly ~darker~ and maybe a teensy bit more of a gloss than the front fender .. which I also like the color of.

I'm working out my own bike's contrasting colors, I've got the same wheels as this one does, same fully floating rear caliper mount and it's associated stay arm, and shiney pipes. I'm thinkin the black swingarm with the black wheel, natural caliper (that faded gold color), natural caliper mount/stay arm, and shiney ass pipe makes for a nice contrasting stack of black and natural metals back there. Likey. The natural aluminum finish on the footpeg hangers is attractive too .. been considering going there for a few weeks ... I think I've made up my mind.

(below) Here's my dawg ... ugh ... needs work! There's a saying in US special ops units when it comes to one's approach to tackling involved projects .... "eat the elephant one bite at a time" .... yup.

(below) Another Siegl 900SS creation ... goes by "Speedy Siegl" (shop? .. collaboration?) ...

... shweet moto meat ...

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R, 06 999.
470 Posts
Walt Siegl custom 900SS .... alllllll of that time and effort put into that beautiful hot rod and it still has those shitty 3 spoke Monster/SS wheels ... oh well, easily upgraded. It just seems like a swing and a miss on such a bitchin bike. Nevertheless I'd ride it!

Black front wheel with black front fender flicks my thrillswitch a bit. Really really like the silver forks ... that copper-colored sleeve? .. wonder what's going on there?

How much work (I wonder) is it to remove that faded shtty looking ~gold ish~ anodizing on the non-adjustable CR fork without reducing the OD too far (if they were chucked up in a lathe and lightly "sanded" at speed with 480grit or higher .. for example). Probably better to spend half a year putting together some other fork set with better components on the bench, silver bodies of course ... :).

Stock footpeg mounts (what? .. no high-bucks rear sets?) in natural aluminum ... really like that, I'll be adopting that. In fact I'm likin' the whole back end of this machine .. from the swingarm pivot back.
View attachment 1009757

More positively, I really like the black on those 3 spokers ... the wheel, black swingin arm, shiney rotor (with blacked out center), and shiney pipe look nice together. I even like the rear hugger ... it nearly disappears in there.

I like the matte black belt covers too. Classy. They seem to be ever so slightly ~darker~ and maybe a teensy bit more of a gloss than the front fender .. which I also like the color of.

I'm working out my own bike's contrasting colors, I've got the same wheels as this one does, same fully floating rear caliper mount and it's associated stay arm, and shiney pipes. I'm thinkin the black swingarm with the black wheel, natural caliper (that faded gold color), natural caliper mount/stay arm, and shiney ass pipe makes for a nice contrasting stack of black and natural metals back there. Likey. The natural aluminum finish on the footpeg hangers is attractive too .. been considering going there for a few weeks ... I think I've made up my mind.
View attachment 1009758

(below) Here's my dawg ... ugh ... needs work! There's a saying in US special ops units when it comes to one's approach to tackling involved projects .... "eat the elephant one bite at a time" .... yup.

View attachment 1009760

(below) Another Siegl 900SS creation ... goes by "Speedy Siegl" (shop? .. collaboration?) ...
View attachment 1009761

... shweet moto meat ...

Now you're talking my language! 😁 That 900SS was absolutely gorgeous.

I would gladly ride this bike also.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Now you're talking my language! 😁 That 900SS was absolutely gorgeous.

I would gladly ride this bike also.

View attachment 1009762
:cool: .... oh hells yea ... nice tail piece .. and what's going on back there on the rear caliper? I know it's the full floater, but there's some other doodad with what almost appears to be a wire of some type. At first I thought "traction control sensor" .. but that won't work without sensor(s) on the front wheel along with it. So .... ??

Same tail here? ...... what is that?

641 - 660 of 678 Posts