Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
A matchless G50 ... or a model of a matchless G50? >:)]
Ha ha, Ok, this is a model that I did, but the real one of course. I wonder if Beale is still making the replicas....

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
I saw an RC8 around earlier today.....
Coupla years ago they had one of those parked in the local bike shop,was actually a pretty cool looking bike to be honest. It was a customers bike they had out on display so that people could get a good close up look at since they were kinda rare. I'd never seen one of them before and I haven't seen one since.

In person the fairing really did look like paper folded origami. And the seat (if you could call it that) was hard and flat (I know because I checked even though the sign said please do not touch the RC8 LOL!) and looked to be about as comfortable as sitting on a brick.

Short distance squirts through backroad twisties would probably be comfy enough as long as you were moving around on that seat but I don't think you'd ever be wanting to do any kind of longer distance straight line riding on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
I seem to lust after older'ish or psudo rare'ish or interesting in some way bikes and I'm churning through my list.

I've checked off the list so far:
69 Suzuki GS750 Cafe Racer
Was awesome, living in London it felt great riding around the city
https://thebikeshed.cc/lukes-gs750/

05 Aprillia RSV Factory
Never ending fuel pump problems ruined my sampling of one of the last of the analog MONSTERS, F*CK THAT BIKE

07 Sport1000s
Moving back to USA, said screw it, found one of my dream bikes in perfect high millage state, WOOHOOOO!!!

02 748s
Always wanted this design of Superbike, psudo rare matte gray color which I love. I painted my first Ducati Monster this color I loved it so much. Please don't call it a Senna ;-D!!!!

I would hope to add some day:
RC51 SP2
I want to test the bike that Honda made just to beat down the 9**

2003 Kawasaki ZX7R
As a kid, this bike looked so f'n raw and mean. My first street bike was a ZX6R, I'd love to have one of these as a daily rider!

A restomod 900ss CR
Ok I have one of these in progress, but lord knows how long it'll take. I bet they are awesome, just a few tweaks here and there.

Aprillia RS250
I love small bikes, this is a dream bike for ages. Harder to find in the USA, maybe I should have tried while living in the UK.

A first gen Monster M900 Chromo, OR, an S2R build up to be a modern version of one
This is the bike that got me into Ducatis!

Rc8
As someone else said, would be cool to sample this alien machine!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Rc8
As someone else said, would be cool to sample this alien machine!!!!
I lusted after something rarer than that: an RC4. Basically a KTM supermono. It was a fully faired 690 thumper built on the previous gen Duke platform by a company called MotoTech. I almost bit but the kit to do it was like $6K though. Full carbon fiber bodywork, final bike weighs 275 lbs and makes 80hp.

Great, now I have a boner.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A couple more lustworthy bikes for the list. I come from a history of supermoto. Every other day I lust for one of these.

*Aprilia SXV 550 Supermoto

How is this bike even street legal? It's basically a full race bike with a headlight and turn signals... and unfortunately full race bike maintenance. 77 degree high performance V twin in a lightweight chassis. Super cheap on the used market, because... read on.

* I only want to own this for a month then I never want to see it again. If you ride it like it was meant to be ridden, the engine needs a complete rebuild in about 80 hours that will cost about $6000 and there are only 3 people in the whole world qualified to do it. And your Aprilia dealer is NOT one of them. I've seen these incredible machines for sale on Craigslist for $3000 after their owners realize the true cost of ownership. So people use them up and part them out. The components in the bike are first rate, and the swingarm is in demand.

Black Diamond CR500AF Supermoto

Mmmm. When is enough, enough? This bike answers that question with the most insane supermoto build I've ever seen. Carbon fiber everywhere, a souped up 90hp CR500 engine, the best suspension and brakes you can fit up. Probably about a $20K build. The only problem is, it's so beautiful I'd be afraid to crash it. Unlike my old CRF450 tard that I threw down the track regularly and laughed about it. BTW, recognize the swingarm?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It was a customers bike they had out on display so that people could get a good close up look at since they were kinda rare. I'd never seen one of them before and I haven't seen one since.
Interesting. There were like 3 or 4 of them for sale on Bay Area Craigslist over the course of the last few months. I've seen a few locally....but I guess the Bay Area is a microcosm of the motorcycle world. Stuff you only saw in magazines back in the day could be seen out on rides here. Be it a Bimota or an MV Agusta. Now I guess, KTM....at least the RC-8R....sean

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I’ve always found this Moto Guzzi to be quite sexy.
I've lusted after one of those for a number of years. I'm not 100% set on the Daytona...I'd take a Sport 1100i too.

Way back...1996 or so I read a review of the Daytona in an MCN or some other UK motorcycle magazine. Hooked me. The picture of the thing going 'round the track at Daytona and the cylinder heads just millimeters from the pavement at some impossible lean angle etched into my brain. Wanted one ever since. Prefer the later Sport 1100i for the injection and upside down forks.

I actively searched for one for about a year and a half.....before the 900 Supersport project I have now fell into my lap. Wouldn't you know, as soon as I got that home and torn down, a red Sport 1100i popped up for sale right here in the Bay Area. That's my luck.....sean

·
Registered
320 Posts
Having read a bit about the MT-07 and known what the price point was going to be I’d thought, yeah, that would be a fun bike maybe. Then I heard one in the wild and have been really liking them. The 270-degree crank gives it that 90-degree twin sound in a very compact engine pkg. I think of this bike as a modern, mid-range take on the not-for-US-consumption Yamaha TRX850.

2004 Ducati ST4s ABS “Senna”
2002 Yamaha FZ1

·
Premium Member
4,696 Posts
My buddy got one, he is a tall guy so 34" seat is not a problem, but there is one annoying problem he is having, some shift mechanism spring keeps braking like clockwork every 1,400 miles, apparently they all do that and it is now backordered, so he is trying to get rid of the bike because he is afraid to take it anywhere far and get stuck, also when it happens bike is stuck at the dealer forever. Had to cancel few trips this summer because of that

Triumph 1200 XE... that is all.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Im super lame, I just want an 1199s.... But the good news is I'm getting one as soon as im home in january!

·
Registered
320 Posts
My buddy got one, he is a tall guy so 34" seat is not a problem, but there is one annoying problem he is having, some shift mechanism spring keeps braking like clockwork every 1,400 miles, apparently they all do that and it is now backordered, so he is trying to get rid of the bike because he is afraid to take it anywhere far and get stuck, also when it happens bike is stuck at the dealer forever. Had to cancel few trips this summer because of that

Is it inside the transmission?

2002 Yamaha FZ1

·
Premium Member
4,696 Posts
Is it inside the transmission?

2002 Yamaha FZ1
I suspect it's under one of the side covers, probably the spring on the shift shaft part of the ratchet, because when it snaps it can only sift up and gets stuck in 6th gear. If you ever had the engine apart you know what it is, most bikes it's easy to replace but when it breaks every month or two it's annoying

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I suspect it's under one of the side covers, probably the spring on the shift shaft part of the ratchet, because when it snaps it can only sift up and gets stuck in 6th gear. If you ever had the engine apart you know what it is, most bikes it's easy to replace but when it breaks every month or two it's annoying

Yeah, one of these.

Easy to carry, but a PITA to change alongside the road.

41 - 60 of 102 Posts