Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Back in the seventies the two stroke ruled the roost, I paid 300 GBP for a used H1A. It would try to kill me most days, it was a lot of power for a 19yo kid with no fear. It would hole the middle piston on occasion which made me sell it on eventually. I always look to buy another but these days good ones sell excess of 10,000 GBP. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If I could have any bike, it would be this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Back in the seventies the two stroke ruled the roost, I paid 300 GBP for a used H1A. It would try to kill me most days, it was a lot of power for a 19yo kid with no fear. It would hole the middle piston on occasion which made me sell it on eventually. I always look to buy another but these days good ones sell excess of 10,000 GBP. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If I could have any bike, it would be this one.
I had that exact bike for three days, bought used, it would have killed me.

Now I gotta offer my dream bike I suppose now that I have posted here. Well, it was the bike I passed on buying new to my constant regret since. 1990RC30

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
which new bike?

I was looking at the new Triumph 1050 Speed Triple the other day...Those Triumph triples make soch sweet music!!!
Ive been considering the Baby Multi,the 1260 Multi...and the new SS...I have a 1996 900 SSCR upspeced with ohlins shock and Showa forks...
944 blessings...
other stuff...The SS pic is the before...project is ongoing..
And my main ride is a 2004 ST4S W/ABS
Im second owner...purchased with 2800 miles on clock

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
This exact MH900e. Love the color!

Honda CB4 Interceptor Concept

Oh and obviously the Panigale Streetfighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
I replied in post #3, but thanks to the pic of the 71 H1, I am going to append to that post.

High school bud took me for a ride on one of those 71 H1As before I had my license. Neither of us had helmets, steep/tight/twisty CT mountain road, wheelie out of every turn, not sure I was ever so scared or ever so exhilerated (is that a word?) in my life.

Bought my first Kawasaki triple (a wrecked 74 H2) when I could afford it, at 19. Since then I have owned at least twenty of them.

All but one was bought as a project; only one was a running bike. Usually, I buy a project bike, work on it for a year, get it running, ride it a little, and somebody stops me and wants to buy it--can't tell you how many times that has happened.

I currently have enough parts to put together one, maybe some day two, all thoroughly disassembled, and hope to put one together in the next year.

Every time I go to Mid-Ohio Vintage Days and visit the Kawasaki Triples Club guys, I am inspired anew. Some amazing restorations and resto-mods, great old guys riding beautiful old bikes. If you are interested, check out https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/kawasakitriples/
and search for Mid-Ohio.

Best, Rich

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
I already own an '04 RC51 SP2 (Pic 1) but I've always secretly lusted for an earlier black framed SP1 model all tarted up in the RWB Colin Edwards Laguna Seca WSBK racing livery and there's currently one for sale at a reasonable price that's not all that far away from where I live (Pic 2).

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
I already own an '04 RC51 SP2 (Pic 1) but I've always secretly lusted for an earlier black framed SP1 model all tarted up in the RWB Colin Edwards Laguna Seca WSBK racing livery and there's currently one for sale at a reasonable price that's not all that far away from where I live (Pic 2).

Wow, your RC51 is gorgeous! How do u like the GPR exhaust?

2004 Ducati ST4s ABS “Senna”
2002 Yamaha FZ1

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
Wow, your RC51 is gorgeous!
Thanks So Fun,much appreciated. :smile2:

How do u like the GPR exhaust?
Just installed those GPR Albus pipes not too long ago. Used to run a set of c/f and titanium Sato Racing low mount pipes but someone hit my bike at a gas station while I was inside paying for the gas and broke the left side pipe.

The Sato's were super light weight and trick and all but they stuck out so damned far behind the bike that I would often catch a leg on one of the exhaust pipe tips as I walked around the back of the bike.

The GPR's are well made and tuck in nice and tight to the bike which I really like. The white ceramic coating on the cans matches up rather nicely with the paint scheme too and they look as though they were always meant to be there.

While the Sato's were low and woofy these GPR's are much higher pitched and grumbly. Sweep the tach past 5 grand though and these pipes come on song and sound glorious. Definitely gotta use the db killers in these pipes because I tried them without and they were just stoopid loud. :surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
I replied in post #3, but thanks to the pic of the 71 H1, I am going to append to that post.

High school bud took me for a ride on one of those 71 H1As before I had my license. Neither of us had helmets, steep/tight/twisty CT mountain road, wheelie out of every turn, not sure I was ever so scared or ever so exhilerated (is that a word?) in my life.

Best, Rich
I hear you Rich. It's hard to describe the feeling.

Few years ago I was looking through some old stuff and came across the original 'Motor Cycle Mechanics' magazine dated 1969, in it was the first UK road test of the H1 MACH III. I thought someone should have this piece of history so put it up for free on Kawasaki Triples Forum, an American was first to respond, he had several H1 & H2's so it went to the right place. I asked on the forum if anyone knew of my H1 - RSP 39K, it was last taxed the year before therefor still running, that made me feel good.

:grin2: I'll check out your link.

It's been 40 years, omg.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
1) Vitpilen 401 for daily commute/city riding

2) Scrambler cafe racer 2017 : Air cooled L-twin, don't give a rat's arse that is "hipster", it's just a beautiful, elegant bike, love the 2-tone black+gold combo.

3) Diavel 1260 S 2019 : Because why the fook not, Diavel's back in all its muscly form, there's a couple a design choices that i don't agree with (no red details besides the trellis, Tank+side vents are matte black while the belly pan is...glossy black, no machined wheels etc) but, oh well...

4) Panigale 1199S : this my friends, is the sexiest bike of them all of the last 20 years, no other design has ever approached the sexiness of this one, this is true Italian exotica.
The 1299 got much uglier due to the front/headlight redesign - it might have a been a better bike than the 1199 aerodynamically and torque wise but it sure as hell wasn't prettier to look at.And oh, don't get me started on the V4.

5) Monster S4RS : Best looking Monster ever, that 2-tone white on red is just killer, one of the best looking Ducatis alongside the 9*6/9*8, 1199 Panigale and SC1000

6) SC1000 : I'd give my left nut for a 1000 in yellow trim with the double side-Zards - not that i'd have a problem with the Paul Smart or 1000S.

Honorable mentions :

- MV Agusta Dragster 800RR 2016 : I mean, look at this sh*t, LOOK AT IIIIIT !!!

Sex on 2 wheels, shame that they completely botched the design from 2017 and onward.

- MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 : Another work of art, and this is (supposedly) and ADV sport bike we're talking about, the MTS1200 looks butt-ugly when placed next to it mainly due to its general volume/size and Goddamn ugly beak

...shame that - again - they completely botched the design/graphics on the newer models/M.Y's, i mean, the new blue/black one looks like a friggin' Yamaha Tracer900 ffs.

-Honda CB1000R : For a Honda...doesn't look half-bad.

- Triumph Thruxton (new one) : the Thruxtons have always been (for me) beautiful bikes and the new R is just icing on the cake

I'm just sad that i'm poor

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
:grin2: .......

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Triumph 1200 XE... that is all.

My brother in law has the 900 and I persuaded him to by it........but OMG! does that exhaust put out some heat...I referenced my m821 shielding when he was buying it and felt it would be alright....ooops!!!......that thing could cook a meal ...if I had it, I would pack it full of potatoes to share at every stop...I feel horrible for giving it the thumbs up...there is a price to pay for that high mount exhaust and I don't think it's worth it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
A Matchless G-50

Attachments

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I saw an RC8 around earlier today, first time I've seen one in the wild in a long, long time. I forgot how mean they look and how much I wanted one when they first came out...

I'd love to get ahold of one for a bit :)

21 - 40 of 102 Posts