Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

241 - 260 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
View attachment 991008

Two of them are for sale:

Ok, there's one you put in your living room and shine a spotlight on. Or better yet, put it on a large back shelf of a motorsports themed bar where other people can see it, and then name a drink after it with red bull and Pol Espargaró's favorite alcohol. I'm thinking a "Vitamin C" Red Bull with Stoli Orange because, you know, KTM.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
You know, it’s not that bad of a price...
How much do you think Max's car from last year would cost?!!
I think this is a relative bargoon! At the very least from an opportunity point of view..
How long before Max's Red Bull would even be offered for sale?

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
Honestly, this one : FS: 2001 996 with 1098 motor. Ohlins/microtec/corsa....
A 916 generation with a 1098-1198 motor in it. My perfect dream bike....had I not just upgraded my lathe and vertical mill I would be driving to Georgia to pick this one up...it’s the perfect match for me.

Reactions: vanduc996

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
How much do you think Max's car from last year would cost?!!
I think this is a relative bargoon! At the very least from an opportunity point of view..
How long before Max's Red Bull would even be offered for sale?
I have gotten some inquiries from people who have bought last years or two years ago's F1 cars asking if I could sell them some of what I supply to Formula 1 so that their cars can be completely authentic as raced (I have no idea how they get my number but regardless, I refuse their requests) so I know that a lot of cars seem to be trading hands more quickly these days.

And, as I'm sure you know, several teams have customer programs for their old cars.

I do know some of the prices but I am not at liberty to discuss. But it's not sub $300k. That's for sure.

I would be game for picking up a few years old MotoGP Ducati but only if I can rip it around the track once a year or so. I know that they get sold but they don't usually get used and Ducati has all kinds of regulations if you are going to fire it up and use it.

Reactions: RockAZ

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
1299 Anniversario.
SBK-1299-Panigale_2017_studio_90th_C01_1920x1080.mediagallery_output_image_[1920x1080].jpg

Reactions: Pro69ss

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I have gotten some inquiries from people who have bought last years or two years ago's F1 cars asking if I could sell them some of what I supply to Formula 1 so that their cars can be completely authentic as raced (I have no idea how they get my number but regardless, I refuse their requests) so I know that a lot of cars seem to be trading hands more quickly these days.

And, as I'm sure you know, several teams have customer programs for their old cars.

I do know some of the prices but I am not at liberty to discuss. But it's not sub $300k. That's for sure.

I would be game for picking up a few years old MotoGP Ducati but only if I can rip it around the track once a year or so. I know that they get sold but they don't usually get used and Ducati has all kinds of regulations if you are going to fire it up and use it.
That's interesting, I didn't realize such recent F1 cars would be offered for sale
And no, I didn't realize several teams have customer programs. I know Ferrari has their Corse Clienti programme, which I believe allows their very wealthy customers to run old f1 cars, but I thought those were at least several seasons old. Had no idea other teams had similar programs. Very interesting, thanks for sharing Sherpa
Do you have a favourite f1 car you'd buy if you could? Mine is the 1990 Ferrari 641/2. That's the sexiest piece of f1 sculpture ever created imo, makes my knees go weak

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
That's interesting, I didn't realize such recent F1 cars would be offered for sale
And no, I didn't realize several teams have customer programs. I know Ferrari has their Corse Clienti programme, which I believe allows their very wealthy customers to run old f1 cars, but I thought those were at least several seasons old. Had no idea other teams had similar programs. Very interesting, thanks for sharing Sherpa
Do you have a favourite f1 car you'd buy if you could? Mine is the 1990 Ferrari 641/2. That's the sexiest piece of f1 sculpture ever created imo, makes my knees go weak
Yes, a few of the teams have "historic" or "classic" programs and for well heeled customers, it's a good arrangement. I can tell you that Corse Clienti is a particularly well run program and while not cheap, it makes driving an F1 car accessible to all kinds of people who normally couldn't even dream of squeezing into the seat of one, let alone getting to drive one around a circuit.

I'm a little more partial to Ferrari's 640 from the year before but essentially we share the same favorite. Although the Mclaren's MP4/4 - the 1988 one - is a close second. I don't know if I would want to own one though. Even the older ones are incredibly complicated and they're not that fun to drive compared to a classic endurance race car like a Porsche 917 or Ferrari 330/P4.

I spend a little too much time buried knee deep in today's F1 cars for me to find them fascinating. But I will say that the engineers continually evolving solutions are really quite a thing to behold and I appreciate that. I think that the next gen cars are going to produce some really good racing and hopefully bring costs down some.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Gilera CX125 and Moto Morini 500 Sport
suggested new rule for thread: must post a pic of the bike that's liftin your kilt.

FYI here's the stunning Gilera CX125. Actually saw one in the wild. may try to track it down again...

Reactions: LA2SD and SP3

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yes, a few of the teams have "historic" or "classic" programs and for well heeled customers, it's a good arrangement. I can tell you that Corse Clienti is a particularly well run program and while not cheap, it makes driving an F1 car accessible to all kinds of people who normally couldn't even dream of squeezing into the seat of one, let alone getting to drive one around a circuit.

I'm a little more partial to Ferrari's 640 from the year before but essentially we share the same favorite. Although the Mclaren's MP4/4 - the 1988 one - is a close second. I don't know if I would want to own one though. Even the older ones are incredibly complicated and they're not that fun to drive compared to a classic endurance race car like a Porsche 917 or Ferrari 330/P4.

I spend a little too much time buried knee deep in today's F1 cars for me to find them fascinating. But I will say that the engineers continually evolving solutions are really quite a thing to behold and I appreciate that. I think that the next gen cars are going to produce some really good racing and hopefully bring costs down some.
The 640 is an amazing car.., first semi auto gearbox, and as a huge Mansell fan, his Hungaroring drive in the 640 is an all time great drive imo. It's lines are just a bit sharper and not quite as sexy swoopy as the 641/2 which makes me love the '90 car just that much more, even if my man didn't enjoy the same success as in the previous years car..
And the mp4/4... I guess that might be one of the purest f1 designs of all time. Just so clean and bullet sharp! And were it not for "the hand of Enzo", it would have a perfect record ! Regardless, it must be considered the greatest all time f1 design, if not greatest all time race car, period.
K, way off lust worthy bikes, I admit, but don't get me started on late '80s early '90s f1 !!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I so want to build a cafe racer, maybe like an old 60's MV or something.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Heyyouthere, this is the Harley Hater's Club.. dinna ya read the rrrules?! 💩
I can't read writin' ... I can only read readin' ... and I'm real bad at knowin stuff. Y'see 'at's whut happens when yuh only can haz all the sense God gave an onion ... or maybe a box a hair.

;)

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
241 - 260 of 297 Posts