Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
--Monster Anniversario Tricolore (to replace the 08 S4RS Tricolore I should have never sold)
--V4 Streetfighter (vaporware FFS, but so sexy)
--KTM Super Duke R
--KTM 300 XC-W TPI
--1995 Honda NSR250 SP or
--1995 Suzuki RGV250 SP
--2018/19 GL1800 Airbag/DCT
--Africa Twin DCT

...and about eleven-teen others.
What a great time to be alive and to be a motorcyclist!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Today? Only today? Or any day this week? :grin2:

Okay, Okay....today it's a Monster S4RS Tricolore. That is all.......sean

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
This one by Atom Bomb.

One of the Superbike frames (749 / 999) with an air cooled 2 valve. Gotta love the simplistic utilitarian excellence. Diggin on the large round headlight. Could use a bit more ~seat~ for longer rides though. I really love that swingarm. Super visible tail light, can be seen from the rear and the sides of the bike.

:yeah:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Does it have to be an expensive bike? Because I've been liking what I see in the '19 CB300R - an ultra light weight cafe style bike that greatly improves on Honda's old turds. Around 300 lbs, high 200's when you get rid of the OEM can. Proper Showa suspension, beautiful round LED headlight, radial caliper mount, and just a nice lean look. Only $4649.

Then on the other hand I'll take one of Triumph's just announced limited edition 765 Daytona Moto2 bikes for the street. Only 765 being made and sold in 2020.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Kind of digging these new Indians.
Until you posted I didn't know Indian was offering sportier bikes that weren't as big as a tug boat. Those "FTR" models (~ahem~ ... Flat TRack) look a lot like their flat track bikes.

Indian is certainly seeing a lot of success in the American Flat Track series, pretty much beating up on Harley and making them their little punk.

Damn ... I wish my step dad were still alive to see all that has happened since 1999 (when he died on his 69th birthday). He and I agreed on nothing, except when motorcycles were in the conversation. He'd be flabbergasted seeing racers at 63 degree leans in 170mph corners. Not to mention Indian's rebirth and the rise of flat track over the last several years. As well as those insane Russians on Ice Speedway bikes leaned over until the handlebar hits the ice.

He raced flat track in the 1950s and early 1960s on Harley 750 flat heads and Triumph 500s. His hero was Joe Leonard. He really taught me well, and made me into a good public roads rider as well.

Anyhow, those Indian FTRs are MAJOR competition for the Harley Sportster when it comes to lighter weight V-Twins commercially sold. I didn't know Indian offered anything other than massive motorcycles with fenders that came off of 1940s Buicks.

Right on!

(Image #1 = my step dad and I, 1975 ... I was 15 and that was my 175cc that I raced in the 250cc class for three seasons, red plate = points leader .... Image #2, his one and only motocross race on his 1973 Yamaha 360MX, he won!)

(sorry for oversharing)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
Kind of digging these new Indians.
Indian yes... but this:

Even Yes'r :D

On the other side of the performance equation... I've been thinking about picking up one of these for fun in the woods:

Attachments

Reactions: suruppak

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Been droolin' over the FTR....

Hello

Dang, that Indian is hard to ignore. Bet HD is gonna get slammed by Indian Flat Trackers both on and off the track this year.....

I'm glad to see flat track making a resurgence. In my opinion, it's some of the most exhilarating racing on God's green earth. Just sayin'.....

Reactions: Rex Coil 7

·
Super Moderator
26,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I'm a fan as well. Good Old Flat Track Racing! I've always wanted to try that.

Those Indians FTR's are stunning in person. Harley has nothing to compete with this. This is on my list, too. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,577 Posts
@DaveK the TW is a hoot, took that thing through rocks and roots that my buddy on his KLR650 cry since you can basically just huck it over stuff. All of 11hp and tops out around 55mph, maybe 60 downhill. Total blast.

Right now...still in total lust as I consummate the marriage with the new Tuono.:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had the same visceral reaction when I saw this as I did back in '94 when I first saw a pic of the 916. Still have her.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 164 Posts